Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Car wen't dead! help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twitch579
Probably something ghetto rigged with the radio install. Whoever put in the radio probably wired something wrong and fried something somewhere in the cars wiring.

This is my guess, im a mechanic and the first place we look is where the car had been touched by the customer. 9 times out of 10 they usually screwed something up somewhere. I saw one guy that hooked up the radio wrong, fried the alternator somehow, then blew most of the fuses including the radiator fan....overheated the motor and needed a head job. Just like that **** happens.
thanks for the comment twitch... but i went to the dealer this morning and i guess my problem's resolved... it was the IGNITION COIL that went out... the service mngr. told me that the coil/labor is under warranty but not the DIAGNOSTIC LABOR? WTF!!! i told him to get it fixed, but we'll battle it out later LOL...

I was assuming if the problem was caused by the faulty nissan parts/labor and is under warranty, all DIAGNOSTIC/LABOR AND PARTS TO FIX THE PROBLEM ARE SUPPOSEDLY FREE... correct me if i'm wrong guys...
Old 06-07-2008, 07:39 AM
twitch579

I dont get it, doent the VQ have seperate coils for every plug? How would just one coil take out the whole car. Maybe some sorta coil driver? I like to keep on top of these things so when my car breaks im on top of it.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

the exact words from the SERVICE MANAGER was the "IGNITION COIL GAVE OUT"... i might've confused it with something else but i know ignition coils connects on top of each spark plugs... and also they said it was shorting out the 15Amp fuse??? i don't know if that particular coil is shorting out and the ECU is triggering the immobilizer... dunno I'll let you all know the whole detail when i pick up my car this week... i hope...