Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Idle problem?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:17 PM
350ZNME
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle problem?

Alright just recently Ive notived that after my car is warmed up the idle will drop to low. Usually it sits around 600-700rpm and its fine but lately after sitting at a light for over 30sec or so the idle will start to lower, it will get to just above 500rpm and when it does this its on the edge of stalling out. It doesnt actully stall out but the engine will start to shake and sputter like its about to and then it will go back to about 650 and it will repeat this over and over. I havent changed or upgraded anything in the past month so I dont no why its doing this all the sudden. The only mods I have done to the engine are a manifold spacer and cold air intake, but its been over a month since these were installed and havent had a problem untill now????
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
R-TuneZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just read a thread about this on another forum. is it related to the cooling fans? other people reported that this started to happen once the cooling fans turned on.

try resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for a couple of hours (i heard overnight but that seems a little drastic). see if this does anything. if not, try the idle re-learn procedure. i am not sure about how that is performed so you are going to have to do a search.