Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Engine Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:12 PM
R-TuneZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Problems?

ok so i just had the transmission assembly replaced, including all of the components. this was done because i was hearing a strange rattling noise, 1-2 shift sucked, 3rd popping out of gear, and some other obsolete issues.

i noticed tonight when i got home, after some rather spirited driving, that my car is still making the same weird rattling noise, its only when the clutch is engaged and in neutral and it can only be heard when revving the engine between 850-1800 rpms. i can hear the transmission spinning and making the noise (to a much lesser extent) even when i am not revving the engine. if i go past 2000 it goes away completely... i was under the impression that it was just a transmission issue because it only occurred when the clutch was engaged... but the rest of the problems are gone. it is much more noticeable when parked next to other cars, or when in a garage.

anyone have similar issues? or able to replicate the noise? im not sure if i should go back to the dealer because they might get a little peeved... any suggestions are welcome.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:24 AM
R-TuneZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

self-bump. i need some advice on this, sorry if its a dick move.