Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

plenum spacer help

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 04:53 PM
gmic350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plenum spacer help

so i just got the motordyne plenum spacer copper iso. its got the option of a valve that you can open or close to heat up the throttlebody,it also has copper looking thing that you would put ,im guessing behind or in front of throttlebody to keep it warm. my question is which of these setups are most of you using?i live near boston and it gets pretty cold in winter,just trying to get an idea wheather or not its a pain in the *** to use the valve option,as it says you can get the most out of this spacer when its hot out to shut it off so throttlebody isnt getting additional heat.is it gonna be hurting me if i go with the copperplate setup so i dont have to mess with it and just drive.i know im probably not gonna notice a difference either way but i dont want to loose any power by using wrong setup.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Escobar

Received 152 Likes on 126 Posts

if it came with the kit put it on. Its not hard at all to open and close and you can definitely tell a difference by feeling the plenum when its hot out.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:30 PM
gmic350z

thats fine with the valve option,but what about that copper plate that goes on throttlebody?you can use either setup,but its real hot during day and pretty cool at night right now,so pretty much ,if i go with the plate setup which it says its a install it and forget it type deal will that hamper me during hot days?does anyone have this particular spacer?and what are you using for setup,valve or plate?
Old 06-16-2009, 06:19 PM
SoarVigor

Boston.... You should have gotten the other Copper option that does not require to shut it off and on....

Anyhow, put it on. You'll feel the difference.

I'd call Tony from Motordyne directly if I had any questions. He's a cool dude.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
gmic350z

Originally Posted by SoarVigor
Boston.... You should have gotten the other Copper option that does not require to shut it off and on....

Anyhow, put it on. You'll feel the difference.

I'd call Tony from Motordyne directly if I had any questions. He's a cool dude.
thats the one i got.i was under the impression that it came with both options and you would choose the one you wanted to go with.im going by what the description of the spacer says on the site that i bought it from.i havent opened up box yet to see exactly whats in there.i hear alott problems with idle happen when cleaning throttlbody,if you disconnect the battery ,wouldnt that eliminate the chances of having something go wrong with idle?
Old 06-16-2009, 07:02 PM
gmic350z

im gonna search for the throttlebody questions i have .but if you want to save me the time,i appreciate it