Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
04-6speed-sedan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do you think?

hey everyone!

so i have just under 54,000 miles on my car and decided that the clutch needed to be changed. to make a long story short ive never done a clutch in this car and my pedal has always been abnormally stiff.(compared to other g's ive driven.) so i met this nissan tech (outside of nissan at a resturaunt,) so i asked if he does side work and so on...turns out he does and he did the full change out for me for $400.00. i had a stock clutch fly preesure plate and throwout changed, now my clutch feels just like my buddies g35 all soft and dinky feeling. all of the parts that came out were 100% stock, i dont understand why this makes such a big difference in the firmness of my pedal..? i put about 65 miles on the new setup lastnight and i put my foot into it in 3rd up to about 5500 rpms and it started to slip a little bit...how long should i expect to wait before it feels "correct?" my stock flywheel had 3 broken bolts and there were a lot of hot spots! thanks for your tiime.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:14 PM
sportbiketed

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You do realize that theres a break in period for clutches. I think you can only go up to 3000 rpm for the first 1000 miles.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Please start another thread using a title that is descriptive to what your thread is about. Thank you for your cooperation and have a pleasant stay...

VO