What's the best way to hit 350rwhp?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 09:02 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
I say give it to the Z06. It is a bigger beast and can do (what we wish we could do) faster and better. Yea, you may pull on one with a FI kit, but with bolt ons Z06 owners have gone sub 12s. What are we with bolt ons...low 13s at best? A lot of guys do heads/cam as well and there are even some procharged Z06s running around! We are doomed !

With that accessment, I guess all I can do is eat RICE
Old 10-24-2003, 09:02 PM
little_rod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, you have to think about the money you saved from getting a Vette over a 350Z. Buy an Enthusiast model (like me), and you can save almost $20,000 under a Vette. This car can be made better with that much money.

Getting back to the subject, the easiest way to get to 350rwhp is FI. Just be patient in your purchase of one of them, and you should be happy. 350rwhp is just too freakin' expensive for my tastes N/A, if you want 350rwhp I would go FI. If I want 300rwhp, then N/A is great.
Old 10-25-2003, 12:57 AM
ZZtopp

You can easily pick up a clean Z06 for well under $40,000. Having owned one, however, I prefer the Z, although I do miss the power (not the build quality)of the Vette. The Z will never be a Corvette killer, but it's not meant to be. It's well balanced, fairly powerful sports car for a great price.....nothing more.
Old 10-26-2003, 03:11 AM
Z350Maniac

Originally posted by peptidbond
Stillen has always been planning an intercooler that joins (how I don't know) with the SC. It does not require yet another hood or anything like that. In fact, one of the big reasons for the new hood is the to-be-added-later intercooler.
Stillen will be using a water-air IC that gets sandwiched between the SC and the intake manifold. A design guy from Stillen was interviewed in a recent Sport Z mag video.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:58 PM
QuartZ

Wow...I started a thread, spent the weekend in Vegas, and now I'm gonna get a Z06? Nah. That will never happen!

Getting back to it. Where can I read info on Nissan's 450rwhp GT Z? I'd love to see it.

I definately don't need NA HP, but as we all know, it can be more reliable than FI.

Any other opinions or kits that people are watching that look promising to get me to my goal?
Old 10-27-2003, 08:41 AM
nonmature

ok my fuel for the fire...

http://roadandtrack.com/article.asp?...&page_number=1

here is a test from road and track (which has always been biased to the Vette) but anyways... rates the Z versus the Z06, M3, and 911 Targa. Price difference is about 17K between the Z and the Z06 and as for performance the only aspect where the Z06 walked away was sheer acceleration...(and with 405 hp it damn well better) skidpad was .98 for the z06 and .88 for the Z but did it help in the slalom NOOOOOOO... the Z06 only managed to run .3 of a MPH better in the slalom better than the Z... ( pretty dam good for a little jap car huh... hahaha) also, they took it to Willow Springs and ran it at the track the Z managed to beat both the M3 and the 911, but the Z06 was only in front by a 3.5 second gap in lap time...

ok enough with the info now for the opinion...
the Z is a truly great sports car, and we all know this...
"WHAT ARE WE BITH BOLTONS LOW 13'S"
I dont know where some of you have been but I think EJ did 13.6 with intake and tires

I see no reason to want the Vette unless you want higher insurance haha... also I see now reason that you could not match the Z06's performance with the Z, for the money you saved especially... using these numbers you could go and buy the most expense FI kit out and still be under what a Z06 costs you... the z06 is a great machine but I think the Z has much more potential and I think we will see this in the relatively near future...

-non
Old 10-27-2003, 08:55 AM
Dissolved

I dont know where some of you have been but I think EJ did 13.6 with intake and tires

I see no reason to want the Vette unless you want higher insurance haha...

-non
Our cars are not mid 13s with just intake . Sure, there may be a few factory freaks that do it. But for the majority, we are all running low 14s/high 13s. 13.6 with just an intake is an exception, not the norm. What did he trap at?

Give credit where credit is due. The z06 vette is a bad *** machine. This is the first generation of Z that's not in the same class as the vette. So obviously, the vette will outperform it. I love my car but know it's limits
Old 10-27-2003, 08:58 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by nonmature
I see no reason to want the Vette unless you want higher insurance haha... also I see now reason that you could not match the Z06's performance with the Z, for the money you saved especially... using these numbers you could go and buy the most expense FI kit out and still be under what a Z06 costs you... the z06 is a great machine but I think the Z has much more potential and I think we will see this in the relatively near future...

-non
I love my Z but the Z does not have more potiential than the vette. Yes, you can mod a Z to match or possibly exceed the Z06 but resale for those add ons will not be recovered. In addition, as for as potiential, have you seen the hp numbers if you add a ATI procharger on the Z06? The ATI is not having problems blowing on the upon the LS1 like it is with the VQ.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by zland
I love my Z but the Z does not have more potiential than the vette. Yes, you can mod a Z to match or possibly exceed the Z06 but resale for those add ons will not be recovered. In addition, as for as potiential, have you seen the hp numbers if you add a ATI procharger on the Z06? The ATI is not having problems blowing on the upon the LS1 like it is with the VQ.
Well put zland. Know a few LS1 guys who are running procharged with no problems. I imagine it would be the same for the z06's LS6. They're definitely not having as many problems as 350zs.
Old 10-27-2003, 10:20 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

IMO, the Z06 Vette is the leader for performance in its class. the article this year comparing the Z06, 350Z, M3, & 911 also concluded that as well.

I am not a personal fan of GM products based upon personal experiences and others. I am a personal fan of Japanese cars and specifically Nissans. This is why I do not own a Vette.

I am looking for performance, looks, and reliability. For me, the 350Z met that criteria best, others may differ on that accessment.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:03 AM
mcduck

No big fan of the 'vette her either, but it is one beastly car...

That said, I think the fairest statement is that for the same amount of money spent, you could probably put together a 350Z that will outperform a Z06.

Figure that the Z06 is going to cost, on average about $15K more than the 350Z... so you can get a Z06 used for $40K???? So what... I can get a used 350Z for $25K. It's still a $15K difference. Basically, the extra money spent just getting the Z06 can be used to make the 350Z achieve and exceed Z06 numbers.

But here comes the rub... once you have spent that money... you are pretty well tapped and the Z06 hasn't even started modding yet. So, if the Z06 owner has more money to spend, the Z06 has much more potential and can be built to literally crush any performance figures the 350Z could dream of putting out... can you say Callaway or Lingerfelt?

Also, as someone pointed out... for the same price you are spending, the Z06 will hold value better than the 350Z + a crap load of mods. So if you want to get some money out later, the Z06 wins on resale value.

I love my 350Z... but in the words of Dirty Harry... "A man's got to know his limitations."
Old 10-27-2003, 11:34 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The 240Z was designed to be a cheap mans vette. Not much has changed in 30 years.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:34 PM
TheBigShow

i'd trade anyone my z for a z06 anyday.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:11 PM
ZZtopp

I like my Z better than my 2002 Z06 (405HP) for a few reasons: it rides better (and the Z doesn't ride all that well either), the build quality of the Z is far superior, and the Z has better styling.......but just wait for the C-6 which debuts in January.

The base car will have 425 HP, and the C-6 (due as a 2006) will have 500 hp. The base Vette will still be had for well under $50,000, and at the end of the first model year, you find plenty of bargains. With (supposedly) vastly improved build quality, the amazing magnetic shock technology, and a new "Audi-like" interior, the Vette will jump yet another notch above the Z.

My Z was $37,464.00. I'll be able to pick up a new 2005 Vette in about 20 months for probably 42,000-45.000. If the Vette is all it's promised to be, it sounds like a helluva bargain to me. I still love my Z, but I have a feeling that the 425 HP in the C6 will be very seductive.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:20 PM
nonmature

Originally posted by Pure Tremble
Our cars are not mid 13s with just intake . Sure, there may be a few factory freaks that do it. But for the majority, we are all running low 14s/high 13s. 13.6 with just an intake is an exception, not the norm. What did he trap at?

Give credit where credit is due. The z06 vette is a bad *** machine. This is the first generation of Z that's not in the same class as the vette. So obviously, the vette will outperform it. I love my car but know it's limits
I was not sayin anything as to that is where all of us are... but even if everyone is a high 13 with all the boltons you will break into the 12's...

and as to us not havin as much potential as the vette I would agree to an extent... I am talkin about streetable HP here the Z06 is a BEAST you are correct and I do think it is one of the best sports cars ever made... but when you SC that and do all your boltons how streetable is that for the everyday guys like us...

and I just want to say this, as for potential:
at the last silver state classic in september there was a beautiful car there running the unlimited class, which is speeds in excess of 215 miles per hour... it was a new Z... now it is rarely seen that any of these unlimited cars arent tube chassis cars... but the Z was not it was gutted and fully caged with a completely custom turbo setup boosting 14 PSI and pushing 650whp... they picked this car... they could have picked any car but they picked our Z and too my knowledge there were NO Z06's in the unlimited class but there was a SC Z06 in the 150 mph class

-non
Attached Thumbnails What's the best way to hit 350rwhp?-dsc00124.jpg  
Old 10-27-2003, 04:24 PM
nonmature

HAHAHA oh ya and they ^ crashed and flipped like 4 or 5 times

-non
Attached Thumbnails What's the best way to hit 350rwhp?-dsc00053.jpg  
Old 10-27-2003, 04:40 PM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by nonmature
HAHAHA oh ya and they ^ crashed and flipped like 4 or 5 times

-non
And that's funny to you? What an intelligent post.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:45 PM
ravaz

That car is sick
Old 10-27-2003, 05:22 PM
nonmature

you have no idea I almost peed my pants hahaha
Attached Thumbnails What's the best way to hit 350rwhp?-dsc00054.jpg  
Old 10-27-2003, 05:29 PM
nonmature

Originally posted by ZZtopp
And that's funny to you? What an intelligent post.
thats me mr intelingent... I just have to laugh and cry at the same time when I think of such a beautiful car being destroyed hehe but the good news driver walked away unharmed

-non

Quick Reply: What's the best way to hit 350rwhp?