Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Stroker kits for 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 05:26 AM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stroker kits for 350Z

There are several tuners in Japan who have stroker kits available for the Skyline and Supra......has anyone seen or heard anything yet about a kit fir the 350Z. Someone has to be working on one.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:02 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Impul was working on one, but I no longer hear them talking about it.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:19 AM
stx

I also heard JUN was making one also.
Old 11-10-2003, 06:21 AM
kudos

I heard Jun had made a 3.8L stroker for a turbocharged race car (Option Stream Z), the car is actually on their web site, here's the link. http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/index.html?en
Old 11-10-2003, 08:17 AM
g356gear

I am actually quite surprised that nothing has come out of Japan yet......I would have thought this would be a great product to develope.....especially combined with a turbo or supercharger.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:53 AM
nonmature

Originally posted by kudos
I heard Jun had made a 3.8L stroker for a turbocharged race car (Option Stream Z), the car is actually on their web site, here's the link. http://www.junauto.co.jp/democar/index.html?en
I saw this car at the silver state classic its a 3.8 liter single turbo I believe its about 650 hp too

-non
Old 11-10-2003, 08:57 AM
cbsuper

I hope Jun does a stroker kit. I was going to buy their 2.0 liter stroker kit for my Type R, if I still owned.

Jeez, I wish I would've kept that car and got the Z.
Old 11-10-2003, 04:37 PM
little_rod

Hmmm, a stroker kit would replace the weak rods on our car. This could be a HUGE kit for our cars if the rods that come with the kit come with stronger rods (which I am sure it will). A stroker kit with FI could be a REAL good mod for our car, and make high boost possible.

Last edited by little_rod; 11-10-2003 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:48 PM
little_rod

Anyone know the price of these stroker kits?? They could be quite expensive, I would assume. Also wonder what the parts of the kit would cost separately.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:43 PM
nonmature

Originally posted by little_rod
Anyone know the price of these stroker kits?? They could be quite expensive, I would assume. Also wonder what the parts of the kit would cost separately.
the price I think would be fairly expensive but well worth it... here is what the kit should include

"The JUN Custom kit is composed of a long stroke crankshaft and JUN Super Forged aluminum pistons. The JUN Stroker kit provides more power and torque capabilities of your Stroker Assemblies - Includes JUN Full Crankshaft, JUN Super Pistons and JUN Super Connecting rods. The lightweight, high strength, and rate of balance of those parts are improving. The high response is offered. You can use broadly in various fields as circuit running, drag race etc.

CUSTOM KIT

FULL COUNTER CRANKSHAFT 1

JUN'S SUPER PISTON KIT 1 SET

STROKER KIT

FULL COUNTER CRANKSHAFT 1

JUN'S SUPER PISTON KIT 1 SET

JUN'S SUPER CONNECTING RODS 1 SET "

thats from juns site but this product isnt listed for our cars yet... but I do know it exists... even if it is on one car... cant wait till it comes out... also when I spoke with them at silver state if I recall correctly they were running 14-16 psi

-non
Old 11-10-2003, 09:42 PM
little_rod

Originally posted by nonmature
also when I spoke with them at silver state if I recall correctly they were running 14-16 psi

-non
So you spoke to JUN at silver state?? Have they done anything else to the engine besides the stroker kit and a turbo?? Is the 650HP they getting at the wheels??

Last edited by little_rod; 11-10-2003 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:58 AM
rouxeny

I believe that car is now wrecked. Read the latest..Car and Driver (I think). It blew a tire at speed and crashed in the desert.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

where is all this misinformation about the "weak rods" coming from...have you held a stock rod in your hand? Among the beefier factory rods offered for any car.
Old 11-11-2003, 06:51 AM
ravaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's right. They aren't that bad.
Old 11-11-2003, 07:47 AM
little_rod

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
where is all this misinformation about the "weak rods" coming from...have you held a stock rod in your hand? Among the beefier factory rods offered for any car.
This info was passed along by some of the turbo kit guys that were testing the Zs and the rods were apparently the cause for engine failure. Do we have solid proof of this being the true cause for failure?? Not that I know of, lol, just hearsay from what I have heard.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:12 AM
Mr B

I think the rods start to snap at around 400whp. Also, I talked to the Jun and Ings guys before and after Silverstate. They dyno'ed around 650 at the wheels but were trying to push for more before they left. I think they were hoping for 800 but I didn't ask if they got it. The tires were specially made for the car by Michelin and I'm sure the guys at Mich made them sign a waiver saying they weren't going to be liable for anything. Sigh, sucks that the tire blew. They were shooting to take the record. Anyway, it was a 3.8L VQ with a T88 turbo and the set up was sick. They said they're not sure if they're going to offer the kit, but I'm pretty sure they will sooner or later. They still have some things to work out. Anyway, their Z was the most beautiful thing I ever laid my eyes on. It also sounded really mean, but not very loud either.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:07 AM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

LOL...the Mods on this site crack me up

My post got deleted because i had the name of my shop in my sig.

Anyway I will not tell you what shop I own and i will make sure to keep our future upgrades and advances for the 350Z off this site since it is soooooooo Taboo.

I have talked to JUN Japan and the Stroker kit is available and will sell for ~$11,500. <----- That is what got my post deleted ...LOL

***** NO NAME *****
Old 11-11-2003, 09:17 AM
MY350Z.COM

Well you were advertising, there is no FREE advertisement here. You want to advertise? Then follow the proper steps like the 38 sponsors on this site.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:51 AM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

How was I advertising? I made a joke that I would take as many orders for the stroker kit as I could get.......You really think my phone was going to start ringing for the $11.5K kit??

There were no links in my post......No mention of my shop name in the post......The only place the name of my shop was mentioned was in my signature. My shop is the Major sponsor of my Drag car. That is why it was in my signature(which you deleted). It is just like anyone else putting the name of their sponsors in their signature. I did NOT link it....did NOT put a phone number....did NOT even put the web address....just the name.

Like I said....from now on I will not post anything to do with our shop on this site even if it benefits the 350z community. We will take our knowledge of Nissan's and help sites that are not so political.

**** NO Name ****
Old 11-11-2003, 10:24 AM
nonmature

Originally posted by little_rod
So you spoke to JUN at silver state?? Have they done anything else to the engine besides the stroker kit and a turbo?? Is the 650HP they getting at the wheels??
yes I did speak to them they have an awesome engineI'm pretty sure they have a whole lot done.... but the 650 was reliable hp they actually detuned to run the race because they didnt want to break down mid run the guy I talked to said they were runin between 18-20 psi before... and yes they did wreck they car they had a tire fail at near 215mph they driver was fine and they shipped the car back to japan...

-non
Attached Thumbnails Stroker kits for 350Z-dsc00124.jpg  

Quick Reply: Stroker kits for 350Z