Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

clutch engangment lagging

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM
zzzcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch engangment lagging

my 1st gear especially from a start feels like there is virtually no engagment point, the car feels like it starts to roll and then slowly gets into gear and through other gears when engaging the engine lags dramaticly until it gives good power.
my car has 63kmi is manual i replaced the tranny fluid and differential fluid about 2k miles ago aswell as changed the oil i just noticed it yesterday after a 2 hour trip in and out of traffic (I.e. lots of down shifting and letting the tranny slow the car down so not braking constantly) that it was delayed in getting power to the wheels.
i am wondering if my clutch is fried (i pray not) or something more simple and less painful
it is almost impossable to get a burn out thats how lagged the power or tranny is.
Anyone with any advice please help and thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:06 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzzcoupe
my 1st gear especially from a start feels like there is virtually no engagment point, the car feels like it starts to roll and then slowly gets into gear and through other gears when engaging the engine lags dramaticly until it gives good power.
my car has 63kmi is manual i replaced the tranny fluid and differential fluid about 2k miles ago aswell as changed the oil i just noticed it yesterday after a 2 hour trip in and out of traffic (I.e. lots of down shifting and letting the tranny slow the car down so not braking constantly) that it was delayed in getting power to the wheels.
i am wondering if my clutch is fried (i pray not) or something more simple and less painful
it is almost impossable to get a burn out thats how lagged the power or tranny is.
Anyone with any advice please help and thanks in advance.
My clutches lag noticeably when i downshift, heel-and-toe, below 2k RPM. This might be the same problem as yours?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:20 PM
zzzcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no the issue is not noticed when down shifting more so when up shifting there is lots of lag before the power comes to, the rpm will spike and drop down like 2k rpm when it engages even though clutch is allready released this whole process takes maybe an extra second but is really noticable. i guess called slipping probably my clutch is bad. is replacing it something to do on your own or take to a proffesional.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:29 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzzcoupe
no the issue is not noticed when down shifting more so when up shifting there is lots of lag before the power comes to, the rpm will spike and drop down like 2k rpm when it engages even though clutch is allready released this whole process takes maybe an extra second but is really noticable. i guess called slipping probably my clutch is bad. is replacing it something to do on your own or take to a proffesional.
If you have worked on your car than i say give it a try but it'll take a long time.
Taking to a shop costs you like..$3~400?