Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

clutch probelms.. please read

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 07:02 PM
miickeyxd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch probelms.. please read

so i have a 06 g35. i posted here because g35driver everyone there got there head stuck up there a$$.

i started having clutch problems 2 months ago, i was driving normally and my clutch pedal did not come back up, ok? i was thinking im low on fluid, check that it was nice and full. took it to the dealership the next day and they said it was my slave cylinder and they will have to take out my tranny to replace my slave cylinder (what a bunch of crap i told myself because this guy did not know what the hell he was talking about) so i bought a brand new slave cylinder and steel braided clutch line from phoenix friction, got that installed. the mechanic that installed it told me it was was not my slave, it was clutch master cylinder. bought a brand new clutch master cylinder got that installed, bled my clutch with racing blue fluid dot5. still the same problem. so now he adjust my clutch pedal so it will come back up and have no play. worked out great but now my clutch slips when i shift 1st to 2nd. and also when i first drive my car i have about 2 inches of play on my pedal like theres no pressure there, until about an hour of driving the play gets smaller and smaller until there is no play at all and there pressure right when my foot hits my pedal. im thinking its the hose from the clutch reservoir to the master cylinder expanding? please give me info about this. my last option is changing my clutch with i really dont want to. thanks my350z'ers.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:36 AM
shiftdrift06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First I would make sure the clutch is properly bled. Assuming, you have all new Slave, Master, and Line. It is a ***** to bleed 350z clutch, make sure there is no more air.

Second You might have a broken transmission fork. Jack the car up, have someone push on the clutch pedal, while you look at the slave cylinder. It should push the fork a good
.5-1 inch. Also check the fork if it broken OR if it has come off of its PIVOT Ball.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:51 AM
ZSpeedPerformance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

You should not use Dot 5 silicone fluid in your system.

Adjustment sounds like it is wrong.

End the end you probably have a clutch that is about worn out and the pressure plate is hanging up because it is a "self adjuster" which is crap at best or like mentioned above the fork or ball is broken.

If you need anything feel free to PM me, I will do what I can to help you out.