Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

***reaching out to the clutch guru's***

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:56 AM
YoungBB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***reaching out to the clutch guru's***

Well to give you guys a quick break down and history.

I changed my Clutch and flywheel about a year ago (last week of August) (Exedy Stage 2, Exedy L/W Flywheel) and shortly after that I was in a motorcycle accident (first week of Sept.)so the car wasn't driven for about 3.5 months (until February). Once I recovered and was able to drive it I had no issues or problems what-so-ever. Forwarding a few months down the road to about a month ago; I noticed my clutch was a little soft comparing to what it was like a couple months back. I would pretty much have to press it down to the firewall for it to engage. I checked my fluids and noticed that it was low so I refilled it with DOT4 fluid and had no issues after that. On Thursday last week I was driving and it made a POP sound and it started to engage even lower/closer to the firewall. I parked it in the garage and didn't drive it till this Monday. I was able to get to work and that was it. The clutch stopped engaging at all but the car would still start. I decided to bleed the clutch since I figured it had air in the system since the fluid was so low. Once I was down there I noticed that my slave valve seemed a little flimsy so I changed it (Haynes manual is the $**t!!). I proceeded to bleed the system like the manual states too do after anything that has to do with the clutch is replaced/removed. I got a few air bubbles and liquid out (liquid was BLACK) and the clutch still does not engage.

Now the questions begin:

Am I doing something wrong or forgetting to do? I tried the old method of bleeding (engage, open valve, close valve, release), as well as using a pump to bleed the system and I can't get it to engage.

Do I need a power bleeder for the system?

Can something else be the cause of the problem?

Bleeding from the slave will bleed the Master Cylinder?

Anyone who can help or might have an idea of something I'm doing or not doing would be great.

Thanks in advance!

Vehicle:
2003 Nissan 350Z (not sure what model but have Navi, leather/heated/power seats) if that helps.

Last edited by YoungBB; 12-08-2010 at 01:33 PM.