Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

I need a new clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 08:59 PM
pronoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a new clutch

hey guys and gals. i have a 2005 base 350z with a momentume st kit and their exhaust kit (R.I.P.) I make about 410whp and simular torque. i have been looking at clutchs for the past month and was set on a jwt clutch and flywheel. i talked to my mechanic and he suggested a ACT heavy clutch and streetlight flywheel. I've tried searching the ac on here but thats kinda hopeless. If anyone can shoot some feed back it would be nice. Also if anyone is in nc and has this act clutch i would love to take a ride in your car to feel the engage and hear how bad the rattle is from the lighter flywheel. thanks guys
Old 03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Looch

I have the ACT HD Street Clutch and I think it is rated to about ~500lbs torque and also the streetlite flywheel. I love the combo and it grabs really well and is a very friendly DD clutch. Chatter seems to be different for every body but mine is most noticeable under 2k rpm (some in 2, more in 3) It is rather loud but does not bother me because it can be 100% avoided by slightly modifying your driving style. Also, I am relatively stock as far a power goes.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Select your favorite brand. Pick the stage that is most appropriate for your torque.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 AM
pronoob

my car is my dd for now so i plan on sticking with a stage one clutch. but i know jwt outsources the disc and machines them to spec. that may cause a lesser grade product. but that also means less expensive. now from what ive found the act is completely produce by them and should be of a better grade but for a more steep price. i would like to get this work done with plenty of time to spare before zdayz