Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Using the evap line for fuel return system

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Bpb713

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using the evap line for fuel return system

Okay guys I've recently "almost" finished up my z and getting ready for tune.. Last two things is sandwich plate for oil cooler and a return fuel system (if this is possible) okay so I'm on a pretty tight budget due to having the first kid and all the stuff that comes along w that okay so I am gonna try to make a custom fuel return system. I've already got an aeromotive fpr. Was gonna see about deleting the two factory regulators on the fuel rails and delete my evap and rerouting the existing evap line to the fuel tank rather than it running to charcoal canister.. So it would be in this order. Fuel pump>passenger side rail>driver side rail>fpr>old evap line>fuel tank. If I made this understandable do you think it's a bad idea? I also already have the fittings that bolts in place of the factory regulators to just hook a fuel line up to it.. Note I have a walbro 255 and when installing it I drilled out the regulator (one inside dump assembly) and the swirl jet a little. Maybe this has been talked about idk I searched a little but didnt find anything, and this could be a stupid idea and that might be why I haven't found anything on it lol input please
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 PM
winchman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It really saddens me to see someone who can't write very well write something nobody can understand about spending money they don't have for something they think they need to do something they really don't need to do, especially when they're dealing new responsibilities as a parent.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Don't think the line is graded for fuel. Now if you are staing using the path for a fuel line I see why not.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:03 AM
alexml

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

doesent the evap line has a solenoid in the end?
do you just... not use it?
Old 07-11-2013, 12:20 PM
Bpb713

Originally Posted by winchman
It really saddens me to see someone who can't write very well write something nobody can understand about spending money they don't have for something they think they need to do something they really don't need to do, especially when they're dealing new responsibilities as a parent.
You're cool! Do you feel any better about yourself? Did it make your P grow any larger?? No I don't think so. I asked for some input, not some jack a$$ to chime in. Have a nice day..
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Bpb713

Originally Posted by KingBaby
Don't think the line is graded for fuel. Now if you are staing using the path for a fuel line I see why not.
Got ya... I assumed the line would be fuel graded since its there for fuel vapors. But I don't know that's why I was asking. My main question I have is the part about the fuel pump housing or whatever you wanna call it.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Bpb713

Originally Posted by alexml
doesent the evap line has a solenoid in the end?
do you just... not use it?
Not sure about solenoid. I was just planning to wack the line at each end
Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 PM
jerryd87

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

1) your already a **** parent if your that worried over money you cant even afford some simple steel fuel line thats 10-20 at a parts store then you should be focusing on your kid instead, toys come after your established and your family is taken care of not before.

2)its not even ****ing needed until higher power levels, the cost of those higher power levels makes me refer you back to 1 good job being a douche and not taking 10 seconds to search

3) the stock fuel rail has no fuel pressure regulators on it

4) fuel vapor isnt even close to as corrosive as fuel itself no it isnt rated for fuel flow

5) its hard formed nylon good luck rerouting that

6) there are solenoids on the evap system

7) still not convinced? cool refer back to 2 then go take some damn parenting classes you obviously need it to get your priority's in line and thats coming from someone who lives eats and breaths automobiles and performance
Old 07-11-2013, 02:28 PM
Bpb713

G
Originally Posted by winchman
Oh and last thing genius. I have pretty much every bolt on and a supercharger w a 2.87 pulley which is about 11psi. So I'm pretty sure I DO NEED a fuel return system not exactly a requiremnt but will help out considering as of now my power is limited due to not having one. and I'm sure all will agree.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Bpb713

Originally Posted by jerryd87
1) your already a **** parent if your that worried over money you cant even afford some simple steel fuel line thats 10-20 at a parts store then you should be focusing on your kid instead, toys come after your established and your family is taken care of not before.

2)its not even ****ing needed until higher power levels, the cost of those higher power levels makes me refer you back to 1 good job being a douche and not taking 10 seconds to search

3) the stock fuel rail has no fuel pressure regulators on it

4) fuel vapor isnt even close to as corrosive as fuel itself no it isnt rated for fuel flow

5) its hard formed nylon good luck rerouting that

6) there are solenoids on the evap system

7) still not convinced? cool refer back to 2 then go take some damn parenting classes you obviously need it to get your priority's in line and thats coming from someone who lives eats and breaths automobiles and performance
+rep for you being nice too
1) my personal life is absolutely none of your business
2) buying a $20 fuel like is not an issue but I figured running it would be
3) so you're telling me I don't need a return system w 420+hp?
4) I never said there were solenoids on the evap system
5) okay so maybe the round things on the fuel lines aren't regulaters, idk, I assumed they were. Now you can be helpful and a)tell me what they are and b) will it be okay to delete them?
Old 07-11-2013, 04:07 PM
jerryd87

1)my statement still holds true and just further helps support you being a douche and not deserving help, you made the comment about why you couldnt afford the correct parts which automatically invited and accepted our comments dont get bitchy because you dont like it, its your own fault
3) search
5) search

seriously this is the damn problem with the US today everyone expects to just be handed **** then they wonder why people get pissy after answering the same thing dozens of times, in fact if you searched you would have known no one was going to help you and you have been around here long enough that you should have seen dozens of cases of what happens when people expect to be spoon fed

Originally Posted by Bpb713
+rep for you being nice too
1) my personal life is absolutely none of your business
2) buying a $20 fuel like is not an issue but I figured running it would be
3) so you're telling me I don't need a return system w 420+hp?
4) I never said there were solenoids on the evap system
5) okay so maybe the round things on the fuel lines aren't regulaters, idk, I assumed they were. Now you can be helpful and a)tell me what they are and b) will it be okay to delete them?

Last edited by jerryd87; 07-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:59 PM
zach711f

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No you don't need a FRS. 420hp is not a big deal.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Bpb713

For the record, my son is at the top of my priorities and after buying a new house and all that good stuff the z just sits back and chills and when I get spare money (after all bills paid) I put a little towards the z. She's paid for so I could care less if I don't finish it for 5 years from now. It's mine I can't believe I'm even taking the time out of my day to write this to you ridiculous idiots... Thanks for all the help. People like you is why I'm about to just delete this and go back to 350z tech .. Sorry my350z. Too many "cool kids" on here
Old 07-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

For the record, my son is at the top of my priorities and after buying a new house and all that good stuff the z just sits back and chills and when I get spare money (after all bills paid) I put a little towards the z. She's paid for so I could care less if I don't finish it for 5 years from now. It's mine I can't believe I'm even taking the time out of my day to write this to you ridiculous idiots... Thanks for all the help. People like you is why I'm about to just delete this and go back to 350z tech .. Sorry my350z. Too many "cool kids" on here
y u still here making threads, bruh? gahd.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:34 PM
jerryd87

funny you call us idiots but we have the intellegence to search, I've been on 350z tech and its pitiful how there is next to no information. My350z has the most collective knowledge of any of the z33 or v35 forums we simply don't cater to **** stains that can't help themselves and feel there time is more important then everyone elses because they don't want to search for something that's been beaten to death. You think I was born being able to build cars? **** no but I'm obviously more capable then you just because I can research not even looking at the **** I've built. Wanna do it yourself? ****ing search and if it isn't covered then ask the question and people will help and you wont get any negativity, that comes about when the same question is asked a million times. Don't wanna search or research? Fine then pay someone nothing wrong with that. But if your going to get butthurt because your told we arnt going to repeat ourselves for the million time then fine **** off your not contributing and you won't be missed. Nothing to do with being "cool kids" its universal across all forums when you ask something thaats been covered a billion times your just used to forums that have **** for information. Btw alot of the **** on the forums you have listed is just plain incorrect, would be better going to a Honda forum and asking about our chassis

Last edited by jerryd87; 07-11-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Money will be more tight when the engine blows or the car catches fire from a fuel leak.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:53 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Enough please ... no more or its getting locked up.

OP... no, you can't use the evap line (or at least nobody has in 10 years) and there are no regulators on the stock fuel setup.

Just do an advanced search for Fuel Return and you will find info and whole setups for sale.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:19 PM
Bpb713

Originally Posted by jerryd87
funny you call us idiots but we have the intellegence to search, I've been on 350z tech and its pitiful how there is next to no information. My350z has the most collective knowledge of any of the z33 or v35 forums we simply don't cater to **** stains that can't help themselves and feel there time is more important then everyone elses because they don't want to search for something that's been beaten to death. You think I was born being able to build cars? **** no but I'm obviously more capable then you just because I can research not even looking at the **** I've built. Wanna do it yourself? ****ing search and if it isn't covered then ask the question and people will help and you wont get any negativity, that comes about when the same question is asked a million times. Don't wanna search or research? Fine then pay someone nothing wrong with that. But if your going to get butthurt because your told we arnt going to repeat ourselves for the million time then fine **** off your not contributing and you won't be missed. Nothing to do with being "cool kids" its universal across all forums when you ask something thaats been covered a billion times your just used to forums that have **** for information. Btw alot of the **** on the forums you have listed is just plain incorrect, would be better going to a Honda forum and asking about our chassis
Thanks for making my previous statement even more clear... You send me the link on here of where my exact question about the custom fuel return is talked about. I've searched and have yet to find. Now you show me
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 PM
jerryd87

ok jackass guess what even the other **** stains are smart enough to it grab it and when it kinks it clicks "hey you cant reroute this" you just take stupid to a whole new level. How about search "fuel return" where everything you need to know about a fuel return system is answered. Tell me how did you expect to connect it hmmm? How where you going to dump it in the tank where the hell did you even get the no bright idea you even needed one. Or how you thought a vapor that barely even comes contact with it and has entirely different properties is just as corrosive as a fluid that sits in the line? Which returns to the question how the **** did you expect to seal it. Or how about a 2 second look on your local auto parts store website to see you can get a fuel line for 10 or 20 bucks and threads right into the fpr. wernt you ****ing leaving anyway?
Thanks for making my previous statement even more clear... You send me the link on here of where my exact question about the custom fuel return is talked about. I've searched and have yet to find. Now you show me
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 PM
04.350z

Please try this and video tape I wanna see a z catch fire.

But no don't do that you need to do more research on the z fuel system the regulator is in the fuel bucket and the only have to change that is to buy or mill a piece to replace it and then put in a after market adjustable regulator ....

Kids these days they just don't know the things Google will do for them

Quick Reply: Using the evap line for fuel return system