Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Nismo Flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 10:58 AM
roark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Flywheel

My service dealer finally said those two magic words "Replace Transmission" so of course the first thing I did when I got home was to call Performance Nissan and order my Nismo flywheel.

Jeff, Jason and Jennifer are the best. Not only did they get the flywheel out the door today, but gave me the Christmas forum discount because I'd bought from them before. (OK, I begged for it.)

I don't think I'm going to get a high torque clutch kit right now, since Nissan is going to be replacing the clutch disk with this tranny swap. I'll save that for much later when I start thinking FI.

Those with Nismo FW and Nismo clutch kit, how is this combo for daily driving in traffic?
Old 01-28-2004, 03:37 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

please review Performance Nissan here

https://my350z.com/forum/forumdispla...s=&forumid=111
Old 01-28-2004, 06:54 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Nismo Flywheel and Clutch Assy while I'll waiting for my new Tilton unit to come in. It's great for a daily driver. The pedal pressure isn't much different from stock IMHO. My car is/was dynoing at 268 rwhp before my latest round of mods and even with the Nismo LSD the clutch holds firm.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:02 PM
FLY BY Z

The NISMO clutch and pressure plate together will hold 412 lbs/ft of torque. That is more torque than 99.99% of available FI kits even hold today. It's a good setup especially for the price. I don't have the NISMO flywheel so I can't comment on that. I do have the clutch setup with the JWT flywheel and I likes it.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
mofoz

hehe i dont think we NEED to review performance nissan again and again, cause its always the same result. AMAZING SERVICE. Its awesome how almost all the vendors/sponsors on this site rock. Well another positive review cant hurt. Back on topic though, i was looking at replacing my flywheel with JWT or Nismo and keeping stock clutch until it give out, the put a nicer one in, and i was wondering as my car is a daily driver, which you guys would suggest. No FI ever for me so thats not a concern.

Bill