Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

350z base model cc/launch control

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:28 PM
nor11384

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350z base model cc/launch control

Hey guys, before anything id like to say that i have done research and have read many threads on this and still cant figure this out. My friend has an 06 350z base model with exhaust, intake, plenum spacer, and a tune. He wanted cruise control and launch control so i installed a steering wheel with the buttons and the clutch/brake switch brand new from nissan needed for this. His tuner is a well known tuner (martin who used to work at zfever). The problem is that it isnt working. Martin installed the necessary software through osiris or whatever it is and said something is wrong because it wasnt working. The switches at the pedals are making contact and all is good there and the steering wheel everything is setup correctly. What are we missing? If theres anything you guys can think of it would be of great help. thx.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:55 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

There are a few threads related to this topic:

https://my350z.com/forum/audio-video...oem-parts.html

https://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-...market-bs.html
Old 01-04-2017, 03:31 PM
nor11384

I have read these threads, installed the required parts, and had the tuner do his thing but it's not working. Which is why I'm asking for any ideas of what can be wrong here.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:54 PM
Conway_160

Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

Did your tuner change the required files in your ecu.

Last edited by Conway_160; 01-04-2017 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Did some more reading...
Old 01-05-2017, 07:31 AM
nor11384

idk according to him it's ready to go...he's been doing this a long time so I have to believe he did.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:36 AM
papa_dragon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nor is helping me with my car. When the tuner hooked up the laptop he said there was no signal coming from the steering wheel. I think he said he saw the cancel button work but not the on/off or set buttons.
Nor said he saw a problem with the cancel button. Idk.
Now Martin (the tuner) said the program is in and showed us the maps and explained how to engage them and they should work but we needed to figure out why there was no signal from the steering wheel to engage the cruise or anything.
We checked to see if maybe there was a fuse or relay for the cruise but couldn't find one in any of the 3 fuse boxes. Maybe it's tied into one of the other systems but we don't know which. Can't think of any other reason it's not engaging. Made sure the brake pedal was open so it's not that. Anyone have any other trouble shooting ideas? In one thread someone used the wheel with cruise AND radio controls. I bought one with just the cruise buttons. Not sure it makes a diff.
In another thread someone said they can only engage the cruise below 60mph and not in 6th gear. Weird stuff. But obviously there may be some issue we're overlooking.

Last edited by papa_dragon; 01-06-2017 at 08:38 AM.