Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

JLT True Air Oil Catch Cans

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 05:54 PM
BWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JLT True Air Oil Catch Cans

Hello All,

I apologize if this has been asked ad nauseam. I am recovering from a broken ankle and surgery so please bear with me as I am acting as an internet raider instead of going out to my car....

I am going to install the Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer and wanted to add the oil catch cans to both sides of the engine after cleaning up the lower plenum and preventing future build up. The unfortunate thing is I have the displeasure of living in SoCal, with all of its vehicle restrictions. I need to hide the catch cans, out of sight, under the plastic cowling (is that what it is called?). I am sure there are less expensive options, but I like the JLT True Air product and all of my muscle car friends swear by them, mainly for their ease of use. Do you think I will be able fit them?

Thanks,

BWD

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCa...oducts_id=1141

JLT True Air Base Kit
Old 04-18-2017, 11:03 PM
DarkCreep

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Good question! I also want a catch can but i don't want another ref ticket from a cop thinking its a performance part.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:14 AM
turboed350z

Received 277 Likes on 215 Posts

i visited the website and its spec appears to be 2"X3.5". first, that is extremely small and should fit no problem. im running a mishitomo baffled catch can and its much larger and i was able to get it to fit under the engine cover with no issue.

on that note, i skimmed the product description and notice there isnt any picture of the interior of the can itself. while many think a catch can is just an empty can that oil drips into, its much more complex than that. when i was searching for a can, 9/10 on the market was just an empty can with an inlet and outlet. that is NOT what you want for a catch can. you want a form of filter and for it to be baffled in some way. my understanding is that the jlt can has a filter but is just an empty can pass that. i can comment on how well that will stop oil deposit from re-entering the intake.

but enough rant, to recap, yes the can will fit under the engine cover no problem.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:05 PM
BWD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turboed350z, thanks for the feedback. The JLT does have a baffeled section on the upper portion of the can. I have handled them. The American car crowd in my area swears by them. I wish there was a good all in kit for the 350z like JLT and Burger Tuning make for the America muscle cars and BMWs, respectively.

Thanks,

BWD

Last edited by BWD; 04-20-2017 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Grammar