Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

07 350z HR screeching cold starts

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 04:22 PM
Bryan_07z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 350z HR screeching cold starts

So everytime I start my car in the mornings ( cold starts ) or let it sit for a hour or 2 after driving it screeches for like 2-3 seconds and then stops and just recently replaced the belt about a month or less ago so I know it's not the belt, any idea what it could be? To me I think it could be a bearing or pully going out
Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,049 Likes on 6,515 Posts

tensioner would be my next guess
The following users liked this post:
BluestreamDE (04-14-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 09:17 PM
NissanTracker

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Lol... I'm going through some new posts and the planets aligned I guess. I ran into a similar issue.

i have a 07 Nismo with 53k miles. When replacing the belt, its key to clean all the pulleys. Any left over rubber sediment from the previous belt is going to cause "stick" when things get to normal operating temps. Don't add any of that belt grease or "sqeek" stop crap.

Depending on miles, your tensioner might be getting close to its death. The auto tensioner on the HR's was probably the worst thing Nissan did to the VQ. Such an expensive replacement.

you may have another pulley with a bad bearing. When the bearings start going, the pulley may have a wabble... The idler which has the grooves was my issue.

goodluck

​​​​​​​-NT