Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Flashing Check Engine Light while driving. Cyl 1 misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2017, 04:59 AM
Swaglife81

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Flashing Check Engine Light while driving. Cyl 1 misfire

This car is killing me. Changed plugs about 4 weeks ago. Cylinder 1 plug bottom was coated in oil. But plug seal, top of plug, boot cover, etc was dry. I changed the valve cover gaskets about 6-7 months ago and saw no signs of the seals leaking. Today the check engine light was flashing at me on the highway, all gauges through Torque we're showing good, fuel trims, everything we're perfect. When I pulled over the light turned off but was showing cylinder 1 misfire. I've dealt with alot the last year on this car, alot of codes, changed TB, evap, intake gaskets, and so on. Never had a flashing light though. They were always steady. I wasn't seeing any audible or physical signs of a misfire. Also never had a check engine light turn off on its own but still show a thrown code. I did have a little sputter for about 10 seconds about 20 miles later before I reached my definition. So anybody have ideas. I'm at work now so I can't pull the plug til I get home.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:42 AM
Blurvision

Received 102 Likes on 70 Posts

You will feel a loss in power and shuddering. The car will still run, but rough. Flash happens on a misfire.
Move a coil from a good cylinder to the bad and see if the misfire follows. If so replace the coil.