Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Car died while turning

Old 08-22-2017, 02:56 PM
BjonesZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car died while turning

Ok so yesterday i had just dropped my girl off at her house (about a 2 mile drive each way) and i was making a left turn and halfway through the turn the car died, no power steering, rpm at 0 but radio and headlights still on. I shut everything off opened the door and started it again, no luck just started cranking, let it sit for a minute and it started up with my tcs light, slip light, and service engine soon light, the car drove normally home with the lights on. Pulled in my driveway and shut it off, tried to start it back up and nothing, another 5 mins later i tried again, and it started with just the service engine soon light. I have a cheap 60$ obd2 scanner but it is saying no codes, i know it works because it reads codes off my other car. My buddy has a shop and has a snap-on verus scanner that im going to use sometime this week just to see if that makes a difference. I drove the car to and from work today 15 miles each way, and it seems 100% normal, anyone ever had this happen to them? Solutions? Thoughts? Would be greatly appreciated Z fam
Old 08-22-2017, 03:26 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

You live in the rust belt. Start by checking all your ground connections for corrosion. Also, check your battery - when was the last time it was replaced?

Mods, Mileage and year are always useful information when you're asking for help.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:18 PM
BjonesZ33

Originally Posted by zakmartin
You live in the rust belt. Start by checking all your ground connections for corrosion. Also, check your battery - when was the last time it was replaced?

Mods, Mileage and year are always useful information when you're asking for help.
car is stock with just over 40k its an 06. The car has been garage kept its whole life and i havent seen rust anywhere but i will definitely check that out tomorrow in the daylight
Old 08-23-2017, 03:05 AM
BjonesZ33

Originally Posted by BjonesZ33
car is stock with just over 40k its an 06. The car has been garage kept its whole life and i havent seen rust anywhere but i will definitely check that out tomorrow in the daylight
battery voltage is 12.7 with car off and 13.7 with car running. Battery is 2 and a half years old
Old 08-23-2017, 03:29 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I had a loose terminal to battery once and it would cut off at stop lights. lol easy fix
Old 08-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by BjonesZ33
Ok so yesterday i had just dropped my girl off at her house (about a 2 mile drive each way) and i was making a left turn and halfway through the turn the car died, no power steering, rpm at 0 but radio and headlights still on. I shut everything off opened the door and started it again, no luck just started cranking, let it sit for a minute and it started up with my tcs light, slip light, and service engine soon light, the car drove normally home with the lights on. Pulled in my driveway and shut it off, tried to start it back up and nothing, another 5 mins later i tried again, and it started with just the service engine soon light. I have a cheap 60$ obd2 scanner but it is saying no codes, i know it works because it reads codes off my other car. My buddy has a shop and has a snap-on verus scanner that im going to use sometime this week just to see if that makes a difference. I drove the car to and from work today 15 miles each way, and it seems 100% normal, anyone ever had this happen to them? Solutions? Thoughts? Would be greatly appreciated Z fam

When you turn your key, on the last click right before it starts, do you hear your fuel pump 'prime' itself?

Search this Thread