Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

NC/NO Clutch Pedal Switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 05:42 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default NC/NO Clutch Pedal Switch

Hey guys,

After doing a lot of work on my Z (new engine, tranny, turbo kit all from a previous G35 I owned) the clutch pedal switch seems to be operating backwards of all things... lol.

I actually had to let off the clutch pedal to crank the car, but I did not change out the clutch pedal or clutch pedal switch... Any ideas? For the meantime I have unplugged the switch... Although I prefer this so you don't put pressure on the dry crank bearings, this won't fly at the track. Just wanted some thoughts from someone who's maybe had this happen before I go changing switches etc.

-Mike

Last edited by yosip1115; 09-28-2017 at 05:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:23 AM
karlt

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

Mike,

There are two clutch switches. The normally open switch closes when you depress the pedal to enable the starter. The normally closed switch opens when you depress the pedal to disengage cruise control. Both switches use the same size and shape connector, so it may be possible the connectors are reversed.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:06 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by karlt
Mike,

There are two clutch switches. The normally open switch closes when you depress the pedal to enable the starter. The normally closed switch opens when you depress the pedal to disengage cruise control. Both switches use the same size and shape connector, so it may be possible the connectors are reversed.
Super simple fix, thank you for that info. I thought only the brake pedal had two switches on it.