Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

[HELP] Cd009 bellhousing does not fit trans (ISSUE)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 09:42 PM
Rebelsvision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question [HELP] Cd009 bellhousing does not fit trans (ISSUE)

Hey all,

As the title says I am having an issue with my CD009 bellhousing not fitting the transmission. QUick backstory:

I have 2 cd009s in which one had a stock bellhousing (Trans #1) and my other (Trans #2 w/ lower miles and etc) had the face of the bellhousing milled .5 of an inch for a sr20det - cd009 swap kit for my 240sx which meant taking off the bellhousing so it could fit in the machine.

After getting screwed on the machine work & deciding to go LSx, DO NOT GO TO Westchester automotive machining in Tarrytown NY, I decided to swap the stock bellhousing from trans #1 unto trans #2 whic required a different mod.

Long story short: Trans #2’s bellhousing fit trans #1 perfectly without any issues but trans #2 does not clear something for it to properly line up for some reason and I cannot figure out why this is happening. From what I know, all the externally slaved manual transmissions are the same dimensions so I was wondering maybe if it may be an issue with the gear the trans it’s in??? Any clues?

Something is hitting

The bolts line up, however the alignment is off so it does not properly clear the spline or the ring gears

Last edited by Rebelsvision; 07-30-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:20 AM
canadarob

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive found that some of the trans have different oil scrapers. One is mounted on the casing itself. One is mounted to the gearset instead.
I found those dont like to fit together