Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

How accurate is the G-Tech Pro??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 11:51 AM
f98sentra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How accurate is the G-Tech Pro??

I just wanted to know if anyone knew how accurate the G-Tech Pro was? I just recently bought one to use after each mod I add. How close is it when measuring Hp, 1/4 mile, 0-60 etc..
Old 04-16-2004, 11:55 AM
JawKnee

I can't comment on its accuracy. However, it is consistent.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:00 PM
justICE62

This is what it says on their website:

...With all of these valuable features we are very proud to announce that the accuracy is now within 5/100 second. With the consistency at 5/1000 of a second! Absolute Horsepower and Torque measurements are within 3% and consistency within .5%!

Now what the heck this means I dont know. Says accuracy is now within 5/100 second? Not sure I understand what this means. Does it mean within .05 seconds for a 60foot distance? 1/8mi distance? 1/4mi distance? It doesn't say ft/s^2 so they cant be talking about acceleration. Then they list horsepower accuracy, which must be calculated by the acceleration and car weight and therefore would be dependant on the first accuracy?????

Then for consistancy what does that mean? I dont understand why they would list a consistancy accuracy when they are bound by the 5/100 second accuracy. Anyhow, I guess what I am trying to say is I don't know lol. And the website is absolutely no help.

You know another thing I found strange was it says they calculate RPM's through the voltage available at your lighter. What happens if I have my radio running? An amp running? etc.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:03 PM
failsafe
....for your health

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about an amp but the RPM works fine with the stereo. You basically set the parameters for the tach by inputing three data points. It tells you to rev the engine to 2000RPM and hit the button, rev to 4000RPM and hit the button, then tell it where your redline is.
I'm sure as long as you always have your amp on there should not be a problem since the voltage will be consistent at a given RPM.
The tach is one of my favorite features of the G-Tech. The shift lights are much better than the stock one on the Z's tach.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:00 PM
AParshall04

my Gtech pro comp is messed up. It gives me crazy readings like my car has 330hp and runs an E.T. 1/4 at 12.8. I think i need to get it recalibrated by the manufacturer or something, becuase i recalibrated it and that is what messed it up i guess.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:32 PM
Sins4u33

well i was at the track and i was running low 14's all night...i ran a 14.3 according to the track time slips, and according to the gforce timer it told me i ran a 14.5 and said i had like 198 hp when i dyno'ed my car that day and got 231 whp and 213 torque...so i guess its accurate it some ways but inaccurate in others....hard to say how accurate they are...its a good street timer i guess...i usually use it once in awhile, it also tells me the G's i am pulling through turns....once in awhile i get on the highway right as i get on i pull off on the side on the service side and i wait till traffic clears up and i prep the timer and launch on the highway and take off till my timer says to stop and it calculates my 1/4 runs and stuff...its pretyt cool but not as accurate as i want it to be but still fun to have around...

Ben