Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Need some help on turbos

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Draxxus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help on turbos

I'm pretty new to the mod scene and I have seen a lot of different things done to many 350Zs. My question concerns the installation of a twin turbo.

Which turbo kit do you guys have luck with and would recommend?

I was looking at Greddy's kit and intercooler. They also recommended a bunch of other items, too.

Blowoff Valve, Boost Controller, Turbo Timer, and new exhaust.

Of course Greddy suggests using all of their stuff.

What else do you guys recommend? New pistons, rods, wires, etc..

This is all fairly new stuff to me. I spend most of my time producing and performing music and have a lot of cash to burn.

Draxxus
Old 04-19-2004, 08:35 PM
bigern1970

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need some help on turbos

Originally posted by Draxxus
I'm pretty new to the mod scene and I have seen a lot of different things done to many 350Zs. My question concerns the installation of a twin turbo.

Which turbo kit do you guys have luck with and would recommend?

I was looking at Greddy's kit and intercooler. They also recommended a bunch of other items, too.

Blowoff Valve, Boost Controller, Turbo Timer, and new exhaust.

Of course Greddy suggests using all of their stuff.

What else do you guys recommend? New pistons, rods, wires, etc..

This is all fairly new stuff to me. I spend most of my time producing and performing music and have a lot of cash to burn.

Draxxus
If you make that much money ..........buy a vette z06
Old 04-20-2004, 06:11 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Need some help on turbos

Basic Greddy TT kit +IC+blow-off valves +high pressure fuel pump+colder rated spark plugs+adjustable fuel pressure regulator+external oil cooler+Greddy profec-E01 boost management system+hi flow cats+an exhaust system with an overall pipe cross sectional area equal to about 110% of the combined cross-sectional areas of the turbo exhaust outlets (single pipe or dual doesn't really matter, as long as you meet the overall dimension requirement)+clutch to handle up to 500lb-ft or so torque. This is what I would consider an essential basic set-up for a turbo vehicle in terms of engine and driveline mods for it all to be dependable and reliable. Stock internals will be fine up to about 9-10psi boost which should get you over 400 wheel hp. Beyond that I would consider different internal components not only for strength, but also to alter combustion chamber dimensions to lower compression ratio.