Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Any problems with unorthodox pulley set?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 08:53 PM
BlueDemonZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any problems with unorthodox pulley set?

I bought this set for my Z and still haven't gotten a chance to have it installed. I went today to the place that I want to have install it to see when they can get me in and the guy there told me that it's not a good idea to put the pulley set into my car. He said it's gonna mess up stuff like making my lights dim from time to time and mess up my A/C and some other crap like that. Has anyone that has this on their Z had any of these or any sort of problems with it? If I don't hear some bad stuff from guys that have it on then i'm gonna have mine put on anyway no matter what that guy tells me.
Old 05-22-2004, 08:58 PM
jun14scr

maybe on other makes and models, but the UR crank pulley has been a blessing in disguise to the 350..

well maybe not exactly a blessing, but for 200 dollars, u can't go wrong.

btw, just get the crank pulley, not the whole set!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:59 PM
350zMon

i have heard that but i dont think anyone has had a problem yet
Old 05-22-2004, 10:49 PM
UsafaRice

Default Re: Any problems with unorthodox pulley set?

Originally posted by BlueDemonZ
I bought this set for my Z and still haven't gotten a chance to have it installed. I went today to the place that I want to have install it to see when they can get me in and the guy there told me that it's not a good idea to put the pulley set into my car. He said it's gonna mess up stuff like making my lights dim from time to time and mess up my A/C and some other crap like that. Has anyone that has this on their Z had any of these or any sort of problems with it? If I don't hear some bad stuff from guys that have it on then i'm gonna have mine put on anyway no matter what that guy tells me.
He's saying it will underdrive your alternator and AC compressor. The UR pulleys really don't do much underdriving on our car and make most of their power from weight reduction. Someone will probably post a link to the posts about engines failing and stuff from the pullies soon, but your installer's claims are probably safe to ignore.