Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

YOu need track package rear diffusers

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 10:55 PM
adanande

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOu need track package rear diffusers

For all that want to take their spar tire out to run 12's I have a great mod for you and it factory and itll have you beating non-track package z,s with exhausts and nismo wings and rimss all day (after 80mph)

AEROdynamics package comes with front and rear spoilers
Track edition comes with front and rear spoilers and rear underbody diffusers.

what happened to the rest of us?
do we never get diffusers?
do wer sit and let dra bias our conception of the Z's top end Perfomance?

Absolutely not! we can order as i have those exact same underbody diffusers from nissan for 40 dollars,

when you get them they will look like rappy pieces of plasitc(which in and in themeselves they are) that seem to probably do nothing. When placed in the bumper cavities under the car in the rear they reduce drag greatly and the z feels weightless at high speeds.

why there are two gaping holes under out rear bumpers after each mudgard in the first place totally baffles me and why only the rack wold have these 40 dollar pieces of plastic standard also baffles me but please, before you get an exhaust and a crank pulley or a cold air snorkel give these fourty dollar pieces of "uselss plastic a try" go to a dealer they will have to seach the computer for a chile but they will find the track edition rear diffuser asday right and left. I have myself raced a silver 350z in irvine, it had stillen exaust volk gunnmetal rims and nismo wing i beat it twice fairly and i ran him three times even the first time i won but i myself didnt belive it so i agreed to the second challenge. he had no stck exaust eliminatiing his air gued pannelss and his rear bumper was a sail scooping all the air- i beat him by 4 cars if this is you out ther you suck put you exaust back ans unless you supercharged or turboed righ tnow loose the stillen it is useless i beat you badly with three cheap mods rmember my car was orange on culver. If and evo races you or god forbid an M3 you will embarras us all. I understand rice but please no MSG.
Mods that Suck Greatly. And please break in your engine. Irine whipe he gravel off the road i'm driving.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:21 AM
FritzMan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have a part number?
Old 05-27-2004, 03:26 AM
PoWeRtRiP

that diffuser wont make much of a difference under 100 mph. it reduces the drag coefficient from .32 to .31. thats all, its something that you would never notice or gain anything from that is measurable. it is neat that its only $40 but can you really justify putting it on there? it does weigh something probably like 3lbs which on a racecar every part needs to perform its worth in relation to its weight.
Old 05-27-2004, 03:59 AM
VandyZ

Old 05-27-2004, 04:08 AM
mcclaskz

Instead, I like to rub my car down with vaseline before I race. That way it reduces the friction with the air at the microscopic level. Makes me very fast and adds as much HP as switching to synthetic oil. I vaselined my car and then dynoed. I got +10 to the wheels!
Old 05-27-2004, 04:52 AM
John

Originally posted by mcclaskz
Instead, I like to rub my car down with vaseline before I race. That way it reduces the friction with the air at the microscopic level. Makes me very fast and adds as much HP as switching to synthetic oil. I vaselined my car and then dynoed. I got +10 to the wheels!
Crap, that must be why you're just a tad faster than me at the track... guess I'll glaze my car in KY next time I'm at the track...
Old 05-27-2004, 12:54 PM
adanande

haha ky
no not .31 to .30 where are you getting these numbers i have aerodynamics package with rear trunk spoiler which reducars lift buy adding trublance to the air that would normally want to lift my rear und into the air. also with aerodynamics package, fornt lif rear spoiler we are still missing duffuser with them our cars aerodnamics are identical to the track whis is .29 so stop pulling numbers out of your *** to make me look back ****er. and next ime you lift up your car check nect yo your exaust tips in the rear undercarriage as your bumper tapesr to and ent, there are to puropefully place hole that guid air to the inside og you bumper. all you need to do is cover them up with ****. Thats what these diffusers do. If not think you car goes fast and go kill yourself and read my thread on aerodynamics 101 old ******** go back to school and don't laugh at me.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:55 PM
adanande

hey man ver is deh KAY VYYYY and de CONDOMINIUMS haha
Old 05-27-2004, 12:56 PM
adanande

i just like cussing people out on the internet for trying to take away my credibility don;t take it personal.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:57 PM
adanande

I'll stop and do if you stop
Enough said
Old 05-27-2004, 01:02 PM
adanande

Unfortunately i don't have the part number. there were two stickers, on eon each part with bar code and part numbers but they were ripped off. sorry. THe part name is Left and Right Track model Rear diffuser assay.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:15 PM
ezee

Did you install them yourself? Got any pics?
Old 05-27-2004, 01:19 PM
MonkeyBoy

Are you 1337 in disguise????
Old 05-27-2004, 01:30 PM
mcclaskz

No offense, but I have gone about as fast as one can go on track in the Z (~140) without this rear diffuser. Does the diffuser add anything tangible to top end performance? Not so much. Welcome to the forum...
Old 05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
ss350

This guy is a joke. LEARN HOW TO WRITE! EVER HEARD OF PUNCTUATION?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:42 AM
PoWeRtRiP

im not sure if we should even interrupt him he seems to be haveing a good conversation going with himself
Old 05-28-2004, 05:02 AM
zachcrosen

Originally posted by ss350
This guy is a joke. LEARN HOW TO WRITE! EVER HEARD OF PUNCTUATION?
Im glad someone has decided to make this comment, thought I was the only one thinking it.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:34 AM
FairladyZ

Is 40 bucks for two or a piece?
Old 05-28-2004, 06:01 AM
drudacris27

Originally posted by adanande
If not think you car goes fast and go kill yourself and read my thread on aerodynamics 101 old ******** go back to school and don't laugh at me.
You shouldn't tell people to go back to school, when your the one who either can't type, spell, or even make sense.

I was however able to make some sence out of this post, and would have to go with everyone else on this. It probably will not make a noticable difference.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:00 AM
alphared

Shouldn't this be in the Body mod section? Heck does this have to do with the engine?

Quick Reply: YOu need track package rear diffusers