Notices
Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

Part 3 of My Final Drive Review - Track Day

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
J Ritt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zillinois,
I'm glad you liked them! Thanks for the feedback. I always love to hear impressions from the track. I agree with your sentiments, and that's what I always tell people. Our brakes make one less thing to think about out there, and as we know, there's plenty to think about!
Old 09-16-2004, 10:08 AM
John

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice review and videos! Good to hear the throttle steering is much easier with a 30mm tire size stagger. Also, I was quite impressed how much quicker you accelerate through the gears. I really wanted to be the first to post a track review, but my rear end is still waiting pinion bearings, and my next track event is this weekend. Guess I won't be able to experience the new ring & pinion until the Ferrari Club event in October.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:56 PM
zillinois

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Isn't passing Porsches FUN!

GREAT videos!

"Plus Enthuz would run me off the track if my next mod was headers & cats instead of his BCR harness bar!!! "

I'm too nice of a guy to run you off the track, BUT, I COULD practice blocking!

FYI, I think the .120 wall bar would easily handle a threaded hole for your camera mount.
I know you'd never run me off the track Bruce. And if your car wasn't so damn fast on the straight, I wouldn't have to worry about blocking either!!!.

I got my mini DVR today!!! Awesome. Now to run a power cable to it and make a mounting bracket.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:06 PM
zillinois

Originally posted by John
Nice review and videos! Good to hear the throttle steering is much easier with a 30mm tire size stagger. Also, I was quite impressed how much quicker you accelerate through the gears. I really wanted to be the first to post a track review, but my rear end is still waiting pinion bearings, and my next track event is this weekend. Guess I won't be able to experience the new ring & pinion until the Ferrari Club event in October.
Thanks John, I am looking forward to your review. The gears go down fast with the 3.9 no doubt about it. On that main straight, pre-gear, I would shift into 5th just before the brake zone started and hold it for just a second or two, now the shift takes place about 3/4's of the way down the main straight so you get a chance to wind it out a bit in the fat of the rpm's range. Coming out of the corners is a trip too. Good luck with your install and the track event.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:59 AM
dwnshift

Glad you like it Zillinois!!!
JS,
now we are just waintg on the crush sleeves. The pinion bearings are in and yours is going together this week.
Maybe we just bring it with us to VIR instead of shiping it to you.

Cheers
BJ@350EVO.com
Old 09-22-2004, 07:11 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome review.

thanks!