Engine & Drivetrain VQ Power and Delivery

New to 350Z - help with mods?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 05:46 PM
TopSecretZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 350Z - help with mods?

hi,

i'm new to 350z. i have been searching around a bit and compiling bits and pieces of info. i was wondering if you could help me out with some engine mods. i would like to hit close to 300rwhp on 91 octane if possible. here's what i am possibly considering:

cams (what's most agressive duration / lift i can run on 91-pump?)
cats
catback
ecu reflash
headers
intake
flywheel
plenum
pullies

is 300rwhp achievable? thanks. also, i am kinda confused on what intake, flywheel, and pullies to get. i am pretty set on Kinetix plenum (don't want to do strut-bar for Crawford), and Technosquare ECU reflash. as for cams, i would like to run the most agressive i can reliably on pump gas.

anything i am missing? anything that's unnecessary? your help is much appreciated. thanks.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:51 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New to 350Z - help with mods?

Originally posted by TopSecretZ33
hi,

i'm new to 350z. i have been searching around a bit and compiling bits and pieces of info. i was wondering if you could help me out with some engine mods. i would like to hit close to 300rwhp on 91 octane if possible. here's what i am possibly considering:

cams (what's most agressive duration / lift i can run on 91-pump?)
cats
catback
ecu reflash
headers
intake
flywheel
plenum
pullies

is 300rwhp achievable? thanks. also, i am kinda confused on what intake, flywheel, and pullies to get. i am pretty set on Kinetix plenum (don't want to do strut-bar for Crawford), and Technosquare ECU reflash. as for cams, i would like to run the most agressive i can reliably on pump gas.

anything i am missing? anything that's unnecessary? your help is much appreciated. thanks.

that will get you very close... well about 10 HP away... jeff did all of that and got 289 to the wheels NA...

hope to see you around cali!

www.mynismo.com
Old 10-13-2004, 06:36 PM
TopSecretZ33

thanks for the response. do you know what octane that was on?

do you have any idea what kind of performance figures i'll be pulling? well the car is actually for my brother. thanks!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

91 octane... local to cali...

you will get upwaards of 280-290 with those mods...

what is he wanting to use the car for?
Old 10-13-2004, 07:27 PM
ZBoater

Default Re: New to 350Z - help with mods?

Originally posted by TopSecretZ33
is 300rwhp achievable?
I think so. I am at 267 without the pulleys, cams, flywheel or ecu reflash. I just had the crank pulley installed today and dynoing saturday, and this will most likely be it for me, but I am on 93 octane here in Florida. I am hoping for 275 (fingers crossed).

Good luck! Sound like a ton of fun!
Old 10-13-2004, 07:39 PM
TopSecretZ33

Originally posted by Jason@Performance
91 octane... local to cali...

you will get upwaards of 280-290 with those mods...

what is he wanting to use the car for?
great news that it's on 91...cali gas sucks huh. my brother's going to use the car as a daily driver, so it needs to be reliable...but would like as much pure N/A power out of it. he used to have an E36 M3, but it was great, just lacking power. the 350Z has similar attributes to the M3 i think, but is newer, fresher, and has greater power potential. he is also considering an E46 M3, so performance needs to be at least on par with that. i think that it is definitely doable for a 350Z though. IMO, 300rwhp will be just perfect. daily driver that will see some racing, lots of spirited driving, and will go against m3's and a C32 thanks for all the replies.

ZBoater, car sounds nice. any chance of experience vs an E46 M3? i know the 350Z stock isn't too far off the M3 on the midrange, so i'm curious to see how a modded 350Z does. thanks.