Notices
Europe Netherlands, Belgium, Italy, France, Ireland, etc.

Another European 350Z...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:24 AM
WannaZee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another European 350Z...

Hi,

I'm living in Austria, and next month will most likely order my 350Z. I've heard from at least one other Austrian resident who has already ordered a 350Z, who lives in Salzburg.

So, this will be quite a rare car in Central Europe, at least for a few months, so it should turn a few heads.

cheers
Wannazee
Old 07-25-2003, 03:44 AM
rocker_lx

Default Re: Another European 350Z...

Originally posted by WannaZee
Hi,

So, this will be quite a rare car in Central Europe, at least for a few months, so it should turn a few heads.

cheers
Wannazee
Hehe this is also what I'm hoping.

Only problem is when I get mine in october, I can not use it very long as winter is comming soon

Rocker_lx
Old 07-28-2003, 01:22 AM
WannaZee

Default Snow driving in Europe

I don't see what the big deal is with driving the 350Z in snow. At least here in Central Europe, there are very efficient efforts put into clearing snow from the main highways. Naturally, we wouldn't drive without winter wheels, and chains in the mountains. Is it because (a) the Z has rear wheel drive and (b) the car is overpowered that people are nervous of driving on snow?

I think this is also a matter of experience. Of course, you have to match your speed to the conditions. Driving my Audi Quattro at reasonable speeds in snow has never been an issue -- of course, the 4wd of the Quattro does make this a little easier....

What do other Europeans think on this topic?
Old 07-28-2003, 04:14 AM
rocker_lx

It's not the car, it has esp (vsd) but the tires, apparently the Potenza is bad in Rain and snow. You must install winter tires otherwise you can't move 1 meter without getting of the road. (I have read on this forum from someone who had bad experience while trying to move the car in snow)

For my case I'm to afraid to drive it in the winter. Last year I had often the case that I drove in the morning at work with perfect clean roads, and the evening I had several centimeters of snow when driving home.

And there is always the chance that someone of those idiots, which I encounter every winter, who drive with summer tires and crash into you.