Notices
Event Photos Various photos from car shows, meets and events.

Monterey/Pebble Beach Z/G Meet & Ride: September 15th, 10:30 AM

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Sleepy-z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chriskabobbers
those were some sweet pictures. kinda wished someone took my car while rolling, i've always wanted one of those
If the dublin and san jose caravans were willing to do 65 I would have took one of everyone one by one honestly. I had 45min of driving time in the 280z since I bought it so I wasn't about to play catch up without knowing how it handles those speeds, I only had time for a oil change and wash/clay/wax before this meet. Maybe if there is another meet before I leave to VA I can get one for you. It seriously is what keeps me from falling asleep on the highway, I shot a pic while driving home of a lotus for the fiance, only problem is lighting b/c you gotta be in a good lane with the sun at a certain angle blah blah blah I am bored tonight.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Zron

Originally Posted by Changvi
did any of the z drivers take any pics? How come only g drivers took pics?
From a Z driver

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/560735290pzkxUi
Old 09-16-2007, 09:41 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by rgtopz
Lots and lots of pictures on the G35 forum. They love to take pictures. Good ones to.
Most of the good pics were taken by Andy's(2K6G35) 11 year old son Michael... and last year was Mike" (machavez702) 10 year old son Mike Jr....these kids took some great pics.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:45 PM
2K6G35

Yes, all credits go to my son, Michael.

Anyway, my son was able to capture a video of a 350z rolling at the freeway during Dublin - San Jose run.

Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 PM
limeg35

Few pics of the Zs and others...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:03 PM
limeg35

I sure everyone on the drive passed this thing...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:08 PM
iseven
Banned

i didnt get a chance to take many pictures cause of driving. we had a blast, stuck around and went to some of the beach afterwards, fun fun. will post pics tomorrow, sleepy =(
Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 AM
b_nazty

Originally Posted by sid67jp
Pleasure to meet some, if not all, the guys and girls! Here are some pics.

-Ed
good to meet you ed....lets do lunch
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Nice pics, beautiful rides, & great weather! What more can you ask for?

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to transfer this to the Events Gallery under the Media Share section. I'll still leave a link under Norcal though so everyone can still find it.

Warren, since your the OP...are you okay with this?
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM
grace

Thank you for putting together a wonderful drive/meet. As a G owner I didn't quite know what to expect, but I know now not to worry. It was fun meeting and driving with everyone. There was an awesome moment where I was behind a ragtop? ivory Z entering the highway. We both hit redline more than a few times up the hill.
What a sound.
-Gillian 06 IPc
Old 09-17-2007, 10:16 PM
iseven
Banned

photos

Old 09-17-2007, 10:46 PM
SiNzz

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! nice pics and nice meet. Wish there were meets like that up in Vancouver haha. I like the "B ZZZN U" plate....haha.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:50 PM
highside107

Great pics , guys!
Old 09-19-2007, 07:26 AM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sure James, put it in.
WS
Old 09-19-2007, 08:36 AM
brickyardzee

Thanks to Warren and Gabe for putting this together. This is the first year I have attended. As for the food part, it was ok but at $25 per person it didn't seem like there was enough and it could have been warmer. For the price, some sort of desert, (cookies, little pastries etc) would have made it more complete.

As for the run, it should start sooner and there should be smaller groups so it is more manageable. Everyone shouldn't leave at the same time. There was much stop and go driving and overall it didn't feel like much of a run most of the time. I realize some of that had to do with local traffic but not all of it.

There should also be enough time for everyone to arrive at the destination and enjoy it. Since I was in the last group, we just about got there and everyone started leaving.

I know planning and coordinating events like this takes a lot of work and patience and provide my feedback in the hopes of improving it, not to knock all the hard work and effort that went into it.

Brickardzee - ZONC
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM
brickyardzee

Ok, here is the one shot I did get during the run.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:25 AM
4myZ350

Originally Posted by brickyardzee
Thanks to Warren and Gabe for putting this together. This is the first year I have attended. As for the food part, it was ok but at $25 per person it didn't seem like there was enough and it could have been warmer. For the price, some sort of desert, (cookies, little pastries etc) would have made it more complete.

I know planning and coordinating events like this takes a lot of work and patience and provide my feedback in the hopes of improving it, not to knock all the hard work and effort that went into it.

Brickardzee - ZONC
DITTO above

My cents

As for the run, it should leave sooner and there should be smaller groups Chris suggested that the stickers in each car window be different colors for each group ,maybe 15cars,leaving in 5min. intervals. so it is more manageable. There was much stop and go driving and overall it didn't feel like much of a run most of the time. I realize some of that had to do with local traffic but not all of it. More cents Have set stops, if someone gets to far back just stop and stay with group in back till the next stop, then rejoin your group (time lost is that car will miss that stop period.) when the back group gets to the stop the clock starts for the group in front (there would be a set amount of min.'s for the group ahead to leave).

Enough till next year when Warren, his helpers, and us info after the event suppliers get togather.

There should also be enough time for everyone to arrive at the destination and enjoy it. Since I was in the last group, we just about got there and everyone started leaving. T/K (TOTALY KIDDING)- my sense of hummer

If anyone missed it, Warren HAD done most of all that has been suggested.
So anything I typed is just an extension of what Warren did.

I have worked on some HIGH COUNT car events, on /for this forum, and Warren did a vary VARY good job. Move 76 cars on a ride is almost impossible, and he got it done.

"O" LEFT is the drives side of the American cars ie... the stop at the beach.

Best to all, Jack .

Last edited by 4myZ350; 09-20-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:55 PM
WSchli1672

Thanks everybody for the input. By the way, I am making a new route and a new location for lunch next year. It will be a buffet to include, American, Chinese, and Philippino food. This will be a set up similar to the one that's been done on the previous Treasure Island Runs. New route and new restaurant. Will of course make it interesting enough to enjoy and hopefully better on the run issue. Lot's to do before then, but lots f time to do it in. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming good or bad. That's the way to better planning.
Warren
Old 10-05-2007, 02:34 PM
bamyi

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
Thanks everybody for the input. By the way, I am making a new route and a new location for lunch next year. It will be a buffet to include, American, Chinese, and Philippino food. This will be a set up similar to the one that's been done on the previous Treasure Island Runs. New route and new restaurant. Will of course make it interesting enough to enjoy and hopefully better on the run issue. Lot's to do before then, but lots f time to do it in. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming good or bad. That's the way to better planning.
Warren
Warren, good job on the run man. I remember the first year when we orgainzed it and the complaints were the same...tooo much stop and not enough driving.
But hey, you can't please everyone right?

Anyway, here's an idea for you Warren....if you don't move to FL by then.

Do the run around the Conquors De'Elegance in Pebble Beach. That event alone is the best automobile event in the world and if we can take advantage of it, it would be great for everyone. The problems lies with dealing with millions of filthy rich people and parking space. However, who dosen't want to see streets full of exotic cars and here comes a roll of 50 Zs to represent. We can even park our cars and walk from block to block looking at exotic car events.

Heck, with so many events for the Conquors lasting into the night, we can even do a night run.

Lastly, every year the Conquors show case a marque to celebrate. Lets see what year will be Nissan and then WE CAN REALLY PARTY!!!

-Phu
Old 10-05-2007, 08:24 PM
WSchli1672

Hey Phu, you need to come join us next year. Gabe that had the green 300ZX Turbo, sold it and got a red Honda NSX 1995 model on the day of the run. We ground from 19 to 76 plus cars and 110 people this year. Hopefully with next years new adopted route and restaurant, it will be better yet. Not a bad idea, but talk about stop and go there, of course, we could all grab a few goodies (4 wheels) along the way..... well at last think about it....okay, wish we could of course. At least get some good pictures!!!