Notices
Event Photos Various photos from car shows, meets and events.

Redline Time Attack Nashville Super Speedway!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 12:55 PM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Oh..I have your "sunshine" right here !!

If you notice...Sharif posted that he was installing a roll cage...so 3125lbs will not be his cars weight.

As far as having more boost to go......we will see in time.

If rules will allow....I will bring my race car also....but I am sure I will hear some whining about it......we will see.
I did notice that sharif is going to install a cage, but from what I understood it would be in by next season. Either way it doesnt matter. TN was, what it was. Previous events BC has been running 18-19 psi no problem, so you can continue to insinuate what I think you're trying to insinuate, but the car is holding up fine . And it'd be nice to see you and your race car out there, I dunno if its friendly in your case, but the more competition, the better, sunshine.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I have ran more power on small tracks with no issues with control. Aggressive camber and toe with good suspension usually fixes that problem.....driving skills helps alot also.

Most on here will not go as aggressive with camber or toe as I do because most drive to the track. I am hardcore into road racing..... tractor trailor and all .....all driving skills and zero mechanical skills.....thats why I have a crew even when I am practicing. Sometimes I will bring the G to the track....have the setting changed and run the hell out of her ( just incase Sharif sees this...I run it at 5 psi's )to see if I can beat the race car times because the G has more power.....It usually does for one or 2 laps now that I have much bigger brakes and I run it on ultra soft race tires.

Look at the pictures of the cars that entered the event....it tells me alot about how they have their cars setup.
I checked out your Cardomain page.... No pics of the car on the track? Rotora 12 piston brakes? 20" wheels? Even if you had 19" wheels... what tires are you using on the track? That G doesn't look like a track car. It looks like a show car.

What do you consider agressive alignment?

I'm a little lost.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:07 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
I checked out your Cardomain page.... No pics of the car on the track? Rotora 12 piston brakes? 20" wheels? Even if you had 19" wheels... what tires are you using on the track? That G doesn't look like a track car. It looks like a show car.

I'm a little lost.
The G isn't a track car, but that doesn't mean he can't track it from time to time. Roncfpz has the same kind of setup (20's, 12 pot Rotora BBK, system, bodykit, etc) and he tracks his car from time to time. Just because its not a ***** out track car doesn't mean he can't enjoy his street car on a road car from time to time.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:22 PM
EnjukuBG
Sponsor
Enjuku Racing

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
The G isn't a track car, but that doesn't mean he can't track it from time to time. Roncfpz has the same kind of setup (20's, 12 pot Rotora BBK, system, bodykit, etc) and he tracks his car from time to time. Just because its not a ***** out track car doesn't mean he can't enjoy his street car on a road car from time to time.
Jetpilot is only saying what he said because XKR is a professional racer. At least thats what I get from reading his posts.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:27 PM
JETPILOT

But this post isn't indicative of casual tracking.

I have ran more power on small tracks with no issues with control. Aggressive camber and toe with good suspension usually fixes that problem.....driving skills helps alot also.

Most on here will not go as aggressive with camber or toe as I do because most drive to the track. I am hardcore into road racing..... tractor trailor and all .....all driving skills and zero mechanical skills.....thats why I have a crew even when I am practicing. Sometimes I will bring the G to the track....have the setting changed and run the hell out of her ( just incase Sharif sees this...I run it at 5 psi's )to see if I can beat the race car times because the G has more power.....It usually does for one or 2 laps now that I have much bigger brakes and I run it on ultra soft race tires.
He states he runs agressive alignment and has ultra soft race tires... I'm not calling anyone out, but I would like to hear specifics. I don't know of any race tires in 19 or 20". I would also like to see alignment numbers.

I run the Toyo Proxes R888 which is stickier than any street tire and I can't run really agressive alignment. With these tires the car likes about -2.5 camber up front with 275's, and about 2.2 in the rear with 305's. If my car is a handfull with 565whp and R888's I'd like to hear how he manages more power with less tire.

I have had race car drivers drive my car and say it's a handful with that power. At Sebring I'm comming into turn 17 at about 185mph.

Just interested to hear more.
Old 07-30-2008, 02:31 PM
coachk
Banned

I think its time for Rodney King to speak up....."can't we all (sniffle) can't we all just get along"
Old 07-30-2008, 02:53 PM
XKR

I'm a little lost.
Thanks James....

Pics??? Whats that? When I am at the track I am there to race...if someone wants to take pictures of my car thats fine with me.

I have a set of 18" and 19" rims for this car. The 18" is rapped in goodyear soft race compound and the 19" is regular goodyear eagles...I think.

Whats wrong with Rotora? James, Dil and a few others will explain how well they work On my race car I have 8piston Brembo's front and 6 in the rear....they dont have the same Monster grabbing power as the Rotora.

Thanks for the kind words about my car looking like a show car.....but I know that when I speak of my race car...you dont think that I am speaking of the G .....I hope not.

What do I consider agressive alignment?...... -2 or more. Depending on the track I am at.... I may run -1 in the rear with adjusted Toe...-2 on drivers front and -1 on the other front....like I said depending on the track. Tracks with banking like Daytona...I may do a little more
Old 07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
XKR

He states he runs agressive alignment and has ultra soft race tires... I'm not calling anyone out, but I would like to hear specifics. I don't know of any race tires in 19 or 20". I would also like to see alignment numbers.

I run the Toyo Proxes R888 which is stickier than any street tire and I can't run really agressive alignment. With these tires the car likes about -2.5 camber up front with 275's, and about 2.2 in the rear with 305's. If my car is a handfull with 565whp and R888's I'd like to hear how he manages more power with less tire.

I have had race car drivers drive my car and say it's a handful with that power. At Sebring I'm comming into turn 17 at about 185mph.

I guess you see my car and feel that the only wheel setup I have is the 20's....lol

I guess I am guilty also.....I myself thought you were using race tires and stating that the car is a hand full with that kind of HP..

I myself would not take any of my cars to a track and push it to that speed on street tires.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
XKR

Here is my numbers from my last race...L front -3.0 T2...R front -2.5 T0....R rear -2.5 L rear -3.2

This is with F 275 and R 345

I hate that I can correct or at to last post.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by coachk
I think its time for Rodney King to speak up....."can't we all (sniffle) can't we all just get along"

I wont turn this into a p!ssing match about me.....this thread is about a safe weekend of fun.....that I could not attend
Old 07-30-2008, 03:30 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

^You ought to go to VIR, I'm going with Forged It should be a fun weekend.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by XKR
I wont turn this into a p!ssing match about me.....this thread is about a safe weekend of fun.....that I could not attend

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Jetpilot is only saying what he said because XKR is a professional racer. At least thats what I get from reading his posts.

Professional Racer?? Professional Race car drivers get paid..I dont....I have great sponsorship so I dont pay for tires, oil, turbo's or gas, engine building and so on...But I am the main car owner and team Tractor Trailor owner which I had to shell out funds for. Racing for over 15 years does not make me a professional.

If I was not in the profession I was in....I would move up for sure...but then again....if I was not in the profession I was in....I could not afford to play.

BTW...my comment about turning the boost up had nothing to do with car failure.....I am talking about driver failure. That horse has been beaten to death already Sunshine !!
Old 07-30-2008, 03:33 PM
DanielW
Banned

red nismo with TE's = SEX
Old 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by Black Guy
Old 07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
XKR

^You ought to go to VIR, I'm going with Forged It should be a fun weekend.

I will be there for sure. Sharif is checking to see if I can run my car with the compound that goodyear gives me....The Tractor Trailor is in NY....so if they will let me run it that would be cool. I was planning to be there for the last event....but a patient went bad on me It never fails

See you soon.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:32 PM
JETPILOT

I was just assuming the tire diameter would be 19" or 20" becasue I didn't think the Rotora 12 pot brakes won't fit 18's over them. Which 18" wheels fit over the 12 piston Rotora's? Got any pics ot that setup? Thanks!

What car do you race? You can run in the unlimitd class as long as it's a full unibody car.

Here is a link to the rules:

Unlimited Class Rules

Last edited by JETPILOT; 07-30-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:29 PM
XKR

I was just assuming the tire diameter would be 19" or 20" becasue I didn't think the Rotora 12 pot brakes won't fit 18's over them. Which 18" wheels fit over the 12 piston Rotora's? Got any pics ot that setup? Thanks!

What car do you race? You can run in the unlimitd class as long as it's a full unibody car.

Here is a link to the rules:

Unlimited Class Rules

I have not run the G at any events with the Rotora's.....They were installed just before the Big Dawg event and I used the 20" at that time. The 19" will fit....I am having some tires shaved for the 19" rims.....I will see how they feel when i get the car back from Forged Performance.

I race a 996 TT ....and yes I looked up the rules....thats all I will say on that
Old 07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by XKR
I will be there for sure. Sharif is checking to see if I can run my car with the compound that goodyear gives me....The Tractor Trailor is in NY....so if they will let me run it that would be cool. I was planning to be there for the last event....but a patient went bad on me It never fails

See you soon.
Awesome! I'm sure we'll have a great weekend
Old 07-30-2008, 05:53 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

How stable is your car at those speeds?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Tyler4

Awesome! I'm sure we'll have a great weekend

I have a dumb Q-when is VIR? I cant seem to find the dates. Sorry for the OT.

Quick Reply: Redline Time Attack Nashville Super Speedway!