Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:56 AM
DJBoone21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kit

Hey was just wondering if anyone could help me out. I was looking at body kits and decided on the Vizage kit. Only problem is I'm scared to do a fiberglass front bumper. Anyone have any suggestions or any comments from anyone with a fiberglass bumper. How well do they hold up against normal every day driving and paint chipping. Also how well does the Visage kit match up to the car is it easy or a pain to install. Thanx
Old 11-29-2004, 08:39 AM
kzshin

Depend on Quality of Fiberglass. Generally speaking, the fiberglass kits from Japan are very very well made and strong, totally different than the fiberglass kit we usually see here the US. That's why the Japanese kit usually cost significanly higher even it's made by fiberglass. In other word, you do pay for what you get.

I have no experience with Visage kit, so I dunno how well it was made.
Old 11-29-2004, 09:31 AM
kernel

i have had the vizage front bumber on my car for about 6-8 months now, and it has taken a little damage, but no more then a stock front bumper would take. there is a few cracks and stuff on there, but its nothing that a body shop couldn't fix pretty easily. i know people with the stock front that have pits and cracks in there front bumper from just use. but for the most part its holds up pretty good. it sure does catch a lot of snow though hehe.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:21 PM
LaidbackRacr

I would never ever do a fiberglass front bumper again...Depends on mileage you drive and area but the front chips so easily and fiberglass doesnt flex like poly just cracks, in case you bump curb or something. Fiberglass makes sense on parts that dont undergo rocks, sand, anything that can chip like rear bumpers and side skirts but hood and front bumper need to not be fiberlass no matter how good paint job or how good hand laid fiberglass is you will still have chipping.

my 2 cents
Old 11-30-2004, 06:15 PM
axxizzer

but poly is heavy right?