Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate bad drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 01:54 PM
JonG350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hate bad drivers

Hey Guys, some A-hole just turned into my Z while i was parked. He/she damaged my fender and bumper. Not majorly (a couple of deep sctratches and a silver dollar size dent on the front part of the fender) but enough to warrant some paint on the bumper and a little filler and paint on the fender. I just came back from nissan and they estimated the work to be $840 and said that they would have to paint the entire fender and half the bumper. Does anyone have any experience with body work from the dealership, and how noticable their final work is . I can almost always tell when i car has been painted so im VERY worried about this. (no to mention PO'ed) Any info would be greatly appreciated. btw my car is black.

Thanks alot, Jonathan G
Old 12-09-2004, 02:03 PM
rxkevin

Well a couple of months ago, some one dented the driver side rear fender pretty bad. Most shops i went to said that it wouldnt come out good or it was a difficult job because of how it has a certain design. I got it fixed and the entire rear fender painted for 200. the job isnt perfect but since my car is sb its almost unnoticable. It really depends on where it is because the Z has a curvy shape that certain areas were its flat will be easier to fix. Anyways PM if you have any questions and if you want to take a look at my car.. im located in queens aswell
Old 12-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Severed Ties

Some dumb bastard did the same thing to my door, so I got myself some lambo's to feel better about the experience. I say get some aftermarket fenders or bumper so you can think of it as a forced upgrade.

My door was filled and repainted by a reputable shop rather than nissan. Ran me $600 for the repaint but it looks as good to me as when I got it...and I got lambo's!

ST
Old 12-09-2004, 06:15 PM
metalz

Thats ok same thing happened to me...rear passenger quarter panel...came to the car and all dented up...my head almost exploded
Old 12-10-2004, 01:49 PM
JonG350z

Thanks Guys. def made me feel a bit more at ease with this, but still pissed i gotta paint a car with less than 3000 miles on it.

RX, Def interested to see your work, plus i was wondering what the nismo exhaust sounds like.

Severed ties, LOL , the nismo front bumper looks good. Btw how well do those lambos work ?
Old 12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Q_350Z_USAF

Default Hey I know it's bummer...but!!

Look at it this way you get to get your bumper painted..plus maybe if you throw a few more $$$ you can get the entire front end done. I know you must have had a few chip's due to road conditions. Also maybe throw a lip in while your at it...Win..win..after all the heartache..