Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fitting a colgan bra - bonnet won't close

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
mabona

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fitting a colgan bra - bonnet won't close

I am having difficulties fitting my colgan bra (carbon fibre). I have followed the instructions and put the nose piece on for a few days. But when I go to put on the bonnet piece the bonnet won't close. Even if I take off the nose piece, the bonnet still doesn't close. Does anyone have any suggestions???

I can't seem to identify when the point of contact is ....
Old 12-13-2004, 04:23 PM
willpower

LOL...Maybe if you said "hood" people would know what you were talking about,anyway it took me a while to get used to the lingo in the U.S too.........IMO get rid of the colgan and get your self a clear bra....costs more but looks a hell of alot better.

Good on ya mate.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:00 AM
drj

I've had my colgan for over a year. It is definitely more difficult to close the hood, er, bonnet, with it on. Be careful you don't overlap the latch mechanism -- I had that problem at first. Adding a little altitude on the hood drop helps too. Best thing to do is move the front around a bit until you find a postion that works. It can be done. If all else fails, a washer under the latch bolts will add a little clearance -- just be careful you don't raise the hood above the fender line.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:42 PM
mabona

Originally posted by drj
I've had my colgan for over a year. It is definitely more difficult to close the hood, er, bonnet, with it on. Be careful you don't overlap the latch mechanism -- I had that problem at first. Adding a little altitude on the hood drop helps too. Best thing to do is move the front around a bit until you find a postion that works. It can be done. If all else fails, a washer under the latch bolts will add a little clearance -- just be careful you don't raise the hood above the fender line.
Thanks for your help. I moved the seam of the hood piece around so that it was just on the hood line and it closed!