Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 350Z owners, read this before doing any modifications to your Z.

Old 12-03-2004, 08:03 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The C2 Procharger is at the web site: http://www.procharger.com. Would like your opinion on this. Thanks..."Warren"
Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by CajunZ
I got a question about the VDC on a 350Z touring. I just purchased some 19inch 8.5F and 9.5 R 5zigen hyper BLACK CHROME wheels with toyo 245/35/19 F and 275/30/19 R I have not installed them yet WILL this affect my abs and VDC on my Z.
Everything is fine if you keep within 3% of stock tire diameter...
Old 12-03-2004, 10:11 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by WSchli1672
The C2 Procharger is at the web site: http://www.procharger.com. Would like your opinion on this. Thanks..."Warren"
Check your e-mail...Jeff
Old 12-03-2004, 10:14 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by AudioPat
You are reffering to 'Web Surfing' right Jeff
Nope, real surfing in the ocean which is my number one hobby and then there is the Z there when i get out of the water of course.

Jeff
Old 12-03-2004, 10:21 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by uro279
Hey zland,
I'm the guy who asked THE question which your referring to when you started this thread.

I have not touched the engine yet. Just changed the suspension to S-tune, got the lgmt's with S03's, and changed shifting **** and got SS brake lines. Also changed all fluids to synthetic other the clutch fluid.

Anyways, I didn't touch the engine for the same reason this all started. Now that the new Corvette came out (beautiful IMO), and the GTR around the corner, I want more info before I delve in to mod the engine.

Your post is excellent. From a practical and financial standpoint, it makes more sense to buy the C6. Why?

1). Much more power
2). Lighter
3). Warranty
4). Better suspension (what I hear)

If you mod the Z, unless you REALLY know what your doing, reliability will probably be worse, maintenance will be higher, and you will lose your warranty.

The more I read, the less I realize I know and the more apprehensive I get about TT the engine.

I mean, you can only boost it so high on stock internals. What if your car happens to be one of those a little weaker internally stock and blow your engine? Unless you have a warranty by Stillin, your hosed!

So if I TT/SC my Z, I'm going all the way- Start with building up the bottom end first. But that will be ALOT more expensive RIGHT NOW (I say this because in several years with much more competitors, the price WILL drop). But this doesn't satisfy me NOW.

So it does all depend on what you want. When you first wrote this up, I didn't quite understand what you meant by "know what you want first" because my first thought was 'how can you know what you want first because you haven't done this before and you don't know how to do it right?'. The answer: wait, learn to find-out what you want, then decide. Those are the 3 steps everyone needs to do anyhow when making any kind of a descent decision/choice.

So THANK YOU so much for writing this up. It obviously helped me since I didn't touch the engine. However, I knew I wanted the suspension built up so I did it although I still think I did it too soon because I wish I would have gotten Tein Flex with EDFC (not that S-tune is bad, but that I would have preferred Teins adjustability more).

Thanks again.

PS Just to make sure this doesn't become a 'C6 v. Z' thread, I do love the Z, but I do WANT more RELIABLE HP/TQ in the LEAST EXPENSIVE manner, yet with the highest QUALITY possible. Besides, I also want to know what the GTR is finally going to look like, what the HP/TQ, price, and how power delivered (ie TT/SC, NA)

Choices, choices
I guess your question took on a life of its own! The C6 or Z06 does have strong points for sure. Nothing like a factory warranty to go along with the HP. It all depends on your comfort/risk level in modifying a car. Some people are not happy until they mod, others dont feel comfortable doing so. None of it is a wise investment since cars in general depreciate. Above all, do what you want because it is your money and passion.

Thanks for touching bases with me again. I am happy that some of my input help you (and others out). As for me, it started me writing about cars and now I am working for SportZ magazine so I guess I should be thanking you.

Jeff - zland
Old 12-04-2004, 10:49 PM
dronabinol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, I'm glad I read this first. If you've already answered this question, please accept my apology; If one were to go with TT upgrades, and seeking to push 500+hp, you suggested they do some internal mods as well. Are you talking about merely installing a more appropriate cam, or should higher performance pistons, clutch, etc. be considered as well. In other words, how far in depth should I go?
Old 12-05-2004, 06:14 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by dronabinol
wow, I'm glad I read this first. If you've already answered this question, please accept my apology; If one were to go with TT upgrades, and seeking to push 500+hp, you suggested they do some internal mods as well. Are you talking about merely installing a more appropriate cam, or should higher performance pistons, clutch, etc. be considered as well. In other words, how far in depth should I go?
Instead of just taking one person's opinion (mine), you should take the time to read everyones input as found on the FI threads. Some people blow motors with SC/Turbos with stock internals, others dont. After all, if you are going to void your warranty and spend 6-10K to FI, shouldn't you take a couple hours to see what others have experienced doing what you are considering?

After reading the threads, if you still have a specific question, then ask me and/or others....

Jeff
Old 12-22-2004, 07:03 AM
mras350

That was a great post. I really needed an education on what to do to my Z when I get it next year. Thank You!
Old 01-02-2005, 09:05 AM
yorky500

Jeff,

that was one hell of a good read. Really appreciate the time it must have taken. Just wish the one I did could even come near to that! Great job and well done.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:10 AM
DDS_RACER

good job pooh bear, very imformative article. now go eat some honey or take a nap
Old 01-28-2005, 04:58 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I just noticed this thread has been removed from staying at the top of the Newbie section. I guess those new forum members wont find it to read thus asking more questions to more experienced forum members, too bad.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:11 PM
krazijamaican

man....great post!
Old 02-24-2005, 04:12 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be stickied...and in every section!
Old 02-24-2005, 09:03 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally posted by nis350ztt
This should be stickied...and in every section!
I am not a moderator. I just post. You have the ability to stick this thread anywhere you feel appropriate thus let your conscious be your guide.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:06 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

ZLand,
you obviously know alot about the 350, so as a new owner can you tell me an easy fix to parking (front end) up against curbs? This is my first sports car and I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I keep scraping my front end on the curb. Also can you recommend a good wax and sealant?
Old 05-03-2005, 11:51 PM
thirdjoe

Zland, I just got my 350Z today. 05 Performance. I am in San Diego. Where can I get a copy of your magazine? I have lots of questions. I hope you can help me. My email is thirdjoe33@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:37 AM
dan-14

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
ZLand,
you obviously know alot about the 350, so as a new owner can you tell me an easy fix to parking (front end) up against curbs? This is my first sports car and I'm not used to being so low to the ground. I keep scraping my front end on the curb. Also can you recommend a good wax and sealant?
the easy fix to not hitting curbs would be common sense . if you do scrape the the front on a curb you don't need to worry too much, it's probaly just the plastic guard under the front.

as for wax, check out the detailing section of the forum.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:25 PM
999Rmvspr

you are Daddy!
Old 11-14-2005, 04:18 PM
s2k300zx

that article was beautiful. thank you. im gunna check out sport Z mag now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 350Z owners, read this before doing any modifications to your Z.