Old 03-21-2005, 09:22 AM
LaidbackRacr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it

Do it and take pics.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:10 AM
TX-Ruben

There are holes under the rear emblem, not to mention the front indent... sucks though, you can have a naked azz.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 AM
westpak
SFZCC

front & rear
Attached Thumbnails Debadge or not to debadge-paint-005a.jpg   Debadge or not to debadge-rear.jpg  
Old 03-21-2005, 02:06 PM
silverstoneTT

Leave the Nissan burgers but get carbon fiber emblem fillers.

The front looks wrong without it and the back looks to empty without the emblem.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:21 PM
shimz350z

I personally think it's becomes tacky/ricey if you take out the emblems of course IMO. You'll rarely see exotic /higher end models doing it. If you're gonna do something...switch the emblems with something different like the emblem mentioned above or http://chicagoz.com/v-web/bulletin/b...ghlight=emblem
Old 03-21-2005, 04:18 PM
DM4

There are no holes under any of the emblems. Thay are all applied with a adhesive similar to double sidded tape. I removed the emblems on the rear of mine by using a peice of fishing line. Place the nylon line against the body panel at the edge of the emblem. Use a back and fort sawing motion and the line will cut through the adhesive. Then use WD-40 and elbo grease to remove the adhesive from the body panel. Finish the cleanup with a car polish, something similar to Meguire's.
I feel that removing the emblems gives the car a cleaner look.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:39 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

I've seen one with & one without (shaved emblems) side-by-side. I think the one without the badges looks definitely cleaner. I think the car has enough emblems already which is all over the car that I don't think you'll miss them (e.g. rear strut, sides, kick plates, steering wheel, air vent, license plates (if you have one),...).Even after you take out the OEM "hamburger" emblems in the rear, you still have the 350Z or FairladyZ badge (depending on which one you have). But as they say....to each his own.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:47 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by DM4
There are no holes under any of the emblems. Thay are all applied with a adhesive similar to double sidded tape. I removed the emblems on the rear of mine by using a peice of fishing line. Place the nylon line against the body panel at the edge of the emblem. Use a back and fort sawing motion and the line will cut through the adhesive. Then use WD-40 and elbo grease to remove the adhesive from the body panel. Finish the cleanup with a car polish, something similar to Meguire's.
I feel that removing the emblems gives the car a cleaner look.

Mine had two holes behind the Nissan emblem on the rear hatch.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:25 AM
Cain96

Does anybody know where to get that chrome Z emblem?
Old 03-22-2005, 04:46 AM
Chicken

Originally Posted by westpak
Mine had two holes behind the Nissan emblem on the rear hatch.
DM4 probably has the roadster. The coupe has hole, roadster doesn't (rear only).
Old 03-22-2005, 09:32 AM
silverstoneTT

You can get different replacement badges for the Nissan emblem at www.courtesyparts.com
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM
chattermark

I took all the badges off. I hated the one up front. Way too big. Here are the pics. <M>
Attached Thumbnails Debadge or not to debadge-picture-037ed.jpg   Debadge or not to debadge-picture-034ed.jpg  
Old 03-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by shimz350z
I personally think it's becomes tacky/ricey if you take out the emblems of course IMO. You'll rarely see exotic /higher end models doing it. If you're gonna do something...switch the emblems with something different like the emblem mentioned above or http://chicagoz.com/v-web/bulletin/b...ghlight=emblem
How come anytime anybody wants to do anything besides a performance mod, tint, or a stereo someone has to call it "rice". Rice is a wing on a FWD car. Rice is the car I saw with a huge decal that said Malibu Graphix Kits on an old Dodge Neon. Removing badges, putting lights on, and stuff is only rice to people that aren't into standing out in a crowd.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:35 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
How come anytime anybody wants to do anything besides a performance mod, tint, or a stereo someone has to call it "rice". Rice is a wing on a FWD car. Rice is the car I saw with a huge decal that said Malibu Graphix Kits on an old Dodge Neon. Removing badges, putting lights on, and stuff is only rice to people that aren't into standing out in a crowd.
+1

Let's once and for all define the word "rice" or "ricer" shall we:
Source: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Ricer

(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:35 PM
DM4

Yes, I have the Roadster. I would love to know what Chatter did to fill the indentaion a fter removing the front badge. I would like to remove mine , but need to fill that hole.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
shimz350z

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick

Okay, let me rephrase myself... "less valued?" Each to their own. I'm just stating that you'll rarely see vettes, porshes, m3's,ferraris, lamborgini's taking of their emblems.

You'll see cars with less value taking off emblems and even though the 350z is a $30,000(average) car. I personally wouldn't do it.

I did however change my 350z emblem to "fairlady z"

I consider rice anything that extremely changes the image of the car. But that's me.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Originally Posted by shimz350z

I did however change my 350z emblem to "fairlady z"

Now that is rice
Old 03-22-2005, 08:45 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by DM4
Yes, I have the Roadster. I would love to know what Chatter did to fill the indentaion a fter removing the front badge. I would like to remove mine , but need to fill that hole.

Bondo.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:00 PM
chattermark

Go to Europe. Almost all the cars over there have all the badges removed. I think it makes it look a whole lot cleaner. As for what I put in it to remove that 1/2" hole, I don't know exactly, but it is not bondo. My friend owns a body shop and he put bondo in it first and it cracked. I have had the badges removed for a year, and it is has no cracking at all. <M>

Quick Reply: Debadge or not to debadge