Sponsored by:

NEW--- Aluminum Pieces ---NEW

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:09 AM
cbrflyer919

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW--- Aluminum Pieces ---NEW

Alright guys,
I have made a new product for my Z and thought you might be interested. I have been trying to do some interior touches with the dash and plan on getting Bat’s overlays for the gauge pods, BUT I always wanted to bring attention to the vents INSIDE the door opening with the “Z” on them. So, I drew up this elaborate template and went down to a local shop to have them insert it into a CAD program, then took it to another shop to have them Laser cut it (not water jet, actual laser). This gives a perfect smooth edge with no burrs to sand. These have a coat of clear to protect against corrosion and rusting, so they are maintenance free. I used .032 thick-brushed stainless steel for strength yet still slightly bendable to form to the vent piece. These pieces match the aluminum in our cars almost perfectly. I even went to the trouble to assure that the grain of the brushing is going in the same direction as it does on the aluminum in our Z’s. The prototypes are done. I spent a hefty sum doing all of this, but had heard a couple of you mentioning wanting this piece so thought I’d give it a shot initially just to see if I could do it. VERY PLEASED!!!! These will be attached via VHT bonding tape, very similar to that used on dash kits, but this stuff is way stronger. Some of you may remember me bringing this up a couple months ago, and I do apologize for the delay, but I had gone through hell with the first shop I went to always putting my order on the back burner for their commercial clients. All is ready and set to go now. Please pm me if interested. The price on the set will be $42 SHIPPED (lower 48) based on initial computer CAD costs. Thanks Guys…Below is a link to pictures. PM me if interested!! Thanks!!
Mike

PICTURES--------

http://community.webshots.com/album/321727818FMfRHh

Last edited by cbrflyer919; 04-13-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:11 AM
cbrflyer919

Oh, BTW Mike, or whoever is the admin for this section...I contacted you awhile back about this and me getting inventor status. I will do that and pay the fees once I see the interest and if it is worth it. Thanks!!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:15 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Cool Those look pretty nice
Old 04-13-2005, 11:05 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

Mike,

I thought your post said these were trim pieces for the middle dash vents. You start out talking about the middle dash vents and then go into the vents inside the doors. Sorry, but I am confused. I am interested in the trim pieces for the middle dash vents, but not the ones for the side vents, although they look nice. Do you have the trim pieces for the middle vents and if so how much are they?
Old 04-13-2005, 11:11 AM
cbrflyer919

oh I apoligize if that wording was confusing...TO ALL---THESE PIECES COVER THE THE INSIDE DOOR JAM VENTS.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:32 AM
ZPirate

Originally Posted by cbrflyer919
oh I apoligize if that wording was confusing...TO ALL---THESE PIECES COVER THE THE INSIDE DOOR JAM VENTS.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention!!
So you don't have the middle vent trim pieces?
Old 04-13-2005, 12:06 PM
350zbiturbo

are the middle vent trim pieces going to be made also i would really really really want these bad
Old 04-13-2005, 12:17 PM
cbrflyer919

I had potential plans for future, but I know that the DASH pieces have been made by steve.uk I believe on this site as well as in many dash kits. I am not trying to steal their business. I am not a shop or a store myself, I just saw that many people on the board as well as myself were interested in bringing attention to the DOOR JAM. SO I went to work. At this time The DOOR JAM pieces are all I have. Thanks!!
Mike
Old 04-13-2005, 01:08 PM
LaidbackRacr

What the hell I'll take a set, pm for payment options other than paypal.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2005, 07:34 PM
cbrflyer919

Last edited by cbrflyer919; 04-13-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:02 PM
mlg9770
Sponsor
ZEnclosures

Nice. I'm definitly interested in a set.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Conceyted

man i want some but i just blew ALL of my money on an alignment, oil for an oil change and paid the body shop to install the rest of my nismo kit. DAMNIT! save me a set ill get them before the end of summer! hehe
Old 04-14-2005, 11:19 PM
cbrflyer919

mlg9770 --- I'll send you a pm with info.....

Conceyted --- I understand your pain, im always short on cash due to this darn Z...modding costs a lot, but its so much fun isnt it!!! Hit me up when you can scrounge together a few bucks..I think you'll definitely be pleased with these pieces.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:19 AM
cassam

Does anyone know where to buy the aluminum middle airvent pieces. I remember seeing a pic of them on this forum ages ago
Old 05-06-2005, 03:52 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cassam
Does anyone know where to buy the aluminum middle airvent pieces. I remember seeing a pic of them on this forum ages ago
As far as the Z door jam area...I just painted mine with Testors model silver paint. came out real cool!!! Here's a pic of steve.uk alumn. AC vents...I just put these on this evening...just PM him ...He's a great guy!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:05 PM
cassam

Thats exactly what im after

Thanks sluggo
Old 05-07-2005, 04:50 AM
ZPirate

Me too! I sent Steve.UK a PM, but haven't heard from him yet.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:21 AM
mcduck

Holy crap, Sluggo! I used to live in Hudson, OH. Moved south when I was 6yrs old, but I still remember it.

Anywho, the cupped out area in front of the gauges... are those blue bat overlays in aluminum finish or something else? I really like those and would like to add some to my car.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:40 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

OK guys...I didn't mean to change this thread...I'll start another..I see there is interest. Steve lives in the UK, probably busy & etc. I'm sure he will be in touch just hold on for a while. I just e-mailled him about the interest building!
mcduck...Right now I'm on the "fence" with Bat's lower gauge pods..presently I have them just sitting in the wells. I've had the top down going as high as 80 mph and they just don't move at all. Though.... they are sort of shiny...but from far away they look good. The alumn. vents blend in very nicely!
Old 05-07-2005, 10:45 AM
steve.uk

Originally Posted by cbrflyer919
I had potential plans for future, but I know that the DASH pieces have been made by steve.uk I believe on this site as well as in many dash kits. I am not trying to steal their business. I am not a shop or a store myself, I just saw that many people on the board as well as myself were interested in bringing attention to the DOOR JAM. SO I went to work. At this time The DOOR JAM pieces are all I have. Thanks!!
Mike
Mike they look a nice bit of kit.
As for the vent trims you are not treading on my toes if you make them as due to the $ to £ you would probally be able to do them cheaper than I.
I have toyed with the idea of doing the same piece as you have just done for the lads in the UK, but like you have already said there is quite a bit of work and messing getting the job sorted.
Out of interest I sand and laquer my trims so they end up with a very similar effect to the existing trim.

Steve

Quick Reply: NEW--- Aluminum Pieces ---NEW