Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Tein Flex Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005 | 08:10 AM
NVthis350

Default Tein Flex Problems

I got my tein flex with edfc back around in august. It has been running smoothly until a couple of weeks ago and I can't tell what is the problem. On any smoothly paved road there are not problems, BUT as soon as I hit any kind of bump, it sounds like the suspension is hurting from the right rear side. Any slight bump results in a big crunk. I can't really describe the sound but it sounds like the suspension is really stiff and it won't take the bump in the road. The ride quality from that side is really bad now. I still can't figure it out but I will have to take it to shop. Any suggestions on what it could be? Thanks so much in advance.
Old 05-04-2005 | 04:49 PM
redlinez

There are two bolts that hold the shock to the upper fender well. They could be loose. There is also a bolt on top of the shock above those two bolts inside the fender well that could be loose. If it's loose it will definitely make a big crunk, mine did!
Old 05-04-2005 | 07:08 PM
NVthis350

where would I be able to check the bolts?
Old 05-05-2005 | 06:35 AM
redlinez

You may be able to check the two bolts holding the top of the shock to the inner fender by jacking the car up, not sure. The best way is to take the wheel off. If the top bolt is loose you will probably have to remove the shock.You might be able to remove the two bolts and pull it down to tighten top bolt. I'd remove shock. With the wheel off and the suspension hanging if the top bolt is loose you should be able to tell by the upper washer being loose.
It will all make sense when you see it with the wheel off!
Hope this helps.
Bob