Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much $$$/work to shave the door handles?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 01:11 PM
HockeyZ39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $$$/work to shave the door handles?

I was wondering ballpark how much it would cost to get the door handles shaved on my Z. Also since the door handles seem to be attached to the door, can they just be taken off? and have any holes they screw on through filled in? Of course i know the kit would have to be installed for the doors to pop. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:19 PM
bmxox

Well it depends on where you go and who you know. Since your asking on here you probably dont have connection to a body shop. So basically you need a popper kit. Autoloc makes some of the best stuff out there, been around a while. A kit like $300, remotes and all. You need some to put it in, so figure 1-2 hours labor per door. Then body work to shave the handles, theres definitly some holes that would need welding and finishing before paint. Doors definitly painted and most likely get the quarters blended. I would say all said and done with no connections and paying someone else to do all the work, $1000-$1200. Im theres going to be people coming on here saying you can get it cheaper but I would say thats an average price for a good job.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:36 PM
HockeyZ39

1k seems like a good price to me! I just didnt know if it would be less for Z's b/c the door handles look like they could come off and just have the holes filled. Other cars like my friends S2000 with the handles built into the door would take alot of fabrication to shave so I would asume it would cost alot more.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:04 PM
MesquiteZ

Check with First Class Collision on Davis, they are installing my GT Factory doors and I am pondering the idea of shaving the door handles. Ask for David he said that it wouldn't be very difficult.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:27 PM
HockeyZ39

Originally Posted by esuth212
Check with First Class Collision on Davis, they are installing my GT Factory doors and I am pondering the idea of shaving the door handles. Ask for David he said that it wouldn't be very difficult.
Thanks man, they have done good work so far? Let me know how you doors turn out! I was concidering lambo doors as well, I just didnt like the fact that if some one dumb was in my car and didnt open it right they could hit the A pillar! =/ The only system I see that doesnt allow this is to much money! My car isnt in my hands yet (still being shipped) but I will prob look to get this done very soon!

EDIT: where do people usually place there emergency poper? and it only pops if the cars unlocked right? (sorry dumb question im sure) =)

Last edited by HockeyZ39; 05-31-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spydr (Rick) had it done to his car. In addition he also had the antenna hole filled in as well as the car completely debadged and all holes filled in. I don't believe that he had a "popper" kit installed, but instead uses his remote to roll down the windows and then reaches inside to open the door.

One interesting thing that he did, and should be considered, was to install a second battery and switch in the rear of the car in the event the car's regular battery dies. Otherwise you would never be able to get into the car without smashing the window. Same would be the case for the "popper" kit I assume.

Here's a picture:

Old 05-31-2005, 08:41 PM
HockeyZ39

niiiiiiiiiice! any idea what was under the door handle? I mean if its just some holes that need filling, I can take them off myself and just have a body shop fill the holes.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:06 PM
03FIDDYZ

thats looks way way better then i thought it would i am now considering...in a way kinda a waste of money though