Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo rear deck spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 06:25 PM
ZRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Nismo rear deck spoiler.

I'm picking up my new 05 SB touring tomorrow. I ordered a Nismo rear deck spoiler and front chin spoiler. Those of you that have the spoiler, how do you like it, and does the weight of the spoiler effect the opening of the rear hatch? Appreciate your info good people.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:55 PM
islandsnow

If you take out the hatch weight (do a search), the hatch stays up. If you're buying the US Nismo wing, it's the same material as the bumpers and very light. Mine is the jdm replica made of fiberglass and had to do the penny trick in the hatch springs to make sure it pops the hatch. There is a TSB on it so you can get new stronger springs (not the lifts though). Occasionally mine fails to pop on the first try, but it's no big deal to me. On looks, i like it because it makes the car look more agressive, and not over the top like some wings. Never tracked so i don't know if it's actually producing rear downforce, but i'm assuming it does since it's profile is basically an upside down airplane wing.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:06 PM
ZRA

Cool

Well I just picked up my new Z today! The hatch worked fine. The dealership told me that this is one of the first spoilers from Nismo that they installed. It looks great. Thanks for the input.