Sponsored by:

lambo door interests?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lambo door interests?

hey guys. I just came back from a new shop here in Vancouver. This is a shop that's been making custom turbo kits, custom engines, etc etc...all custom work. Anyways I went in to talk to them about custom making a turbo kit for my car, but we kinda sidetracked and started talking about lambo doors. They are actually developing a brand new vertical door kit, that is universal, but opens up like the GT Factory kit (90 degrees upwards) without having to replace the inner door. They have a prototype right now in the shop and it's made of full aluminum instead of stainless steel like others...to save a bit of weight and increase rigidity. This thing is solid as a rock and slides up so smoothly it seems no different than factory. I've always been looking for a door kit that doesnt wobble at all when opening, and this seems like the one.

Anyways the final kit will probably be ready by next week, and it might be of interest to you guys to know. The price is not set yet, but it should be around $1800 to $2000 including shipping to the states.

Please don't get me wrong...in no way am I promoting this kit as its not even on the market yet. I just want to share this new development with you guys and if there's an interest, I might be able to set up some sort of group buy for a lower price...so I'm just telling you exactly what my observations were.

So are there anyone that might be interested?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

here are some pics of the hinge...

Closed.

Open.

Up. As you can see it's totally vertical...90 degrees upwards.

this is how thick it is...to show the rigidity.

Again I don't know much about lambo doors...I just know that the Decah kit is very thin and it wobbles a lot...the VDC is good but still wobbles a bit...the LSD is one of the best (seen it in person) but costs an arm and a leg... And this one seems pretty well made from what I see. Full aluminum too. If anyone can tell me some differences or pros and cons of this kit from the picture, let me know.

Might anyone be interested? This could save everyone (including me ) some money maybe if I could set up a group buy...
Old 07-01-2005, 05:31 PM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate
Premier Member

Received 1,028 Likes on 785 Posts

looks like it swings out 15 degrees then goes 90 up, not bad, much better than pigeon door hinges

would love to see it on a car, must say it is a bit massive tho
Old 07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by CUxtopher
looks like it swings out 15 degrees then goes 90 up, not bad, much better than pigeon door hinges

would love to see it on a car, must say it is a bit massive tho
it is big...but I like the fact that it's rock solid tho...
Old 07-01-2005, 11:40 PM
GQ 350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would welding be required? What would install be?

based on that I'm interested, however 1800 is way outta my league. 12-1400 is much more doable.

ravi
Old 07-02-2005, 12:21 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

not sure about welding or install yet...I'm gonna talk to the fabricator next tuesday...

because this is a universal kit, I can try to talk to him to see if he could make some that's perfectly adaptable for 350Z's...if we can gauge enough interest of course. The price is not set yet...That was just an estimate. I should know by next week. Anyone else wants to be kept updated?