Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NISMO Bodykit install 12/7 - what do you want to see?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 03:46 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sdpearso
The kit is FRP.

FRP = Fiber Reinforced Plastic

(this can be read Fiberglass & Resin)

Yes, it's fiberglass.
Thanx bud. I wanted to be 100% certain what I am getting myself into.
Good to see everything is going according to plan
Old 12-09-2002, 04:18 PM
JZC

What I like so much is that you can still see the Z in it.

I've got alot (TONS) of ricer friends who say there's nothing to it.

I like it alot, it's a good modification but still says Z.
Old 12-09-2002, 07:31 PM
z461

I'm wondering if when the kit hits the US whether it will be a full plastic kit like the stock body bumper, side skirts, etc... I sure hope so... I hate fiberglass, have had problems with it in the past on my Supra...
Old 12-09-2002, 07:58 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
Can I make a sugestion without sounding like a dick....put the orange reflectors backin, its looks unfinished IMO.

Kit looks good man.

No dickishness taken. I've been pondering the idea. I like the clear reflectors but on the black car the amber is a good contrast.

I've also thought about doing the StrictlyZ type thing with amber LEDs in the clear reflectors or doing the Clear Corners wit the amber and white LEDs.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:10 PM
sdpearso

Originally posted by JZC
What I like so much is that you can still see the Z in it.

I've got alot (TONS) of ricer friends who say there's nothing to it.

I like it alot, it's a good modification but still says Z.
I know exactly what you mean. I actually don't like body kits...usually. But when I saw the photoshop of the NISMO car in black (the one in my avatar by 8702) and the other colors by Brad4rdHay, I got on the phone with japanparts.com.

So I don't have the spoiler on yet and my friends are asking me "dude, what have you done to your car? It looks different."

When it's painted to match it's just subtle enough to look mean and still not look out of place or "riced".

Sorry guys, I'm stoked and rambling.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:11 PM
sdpearso

Brad4rdHay, I've seen some of your photoshops. When I get the final pics up later this week, can I get you to PS some different wheels on my car? That would be cool.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:14 PM
sdpearso

One question everyone... I've been thinking of removing either the 350z badge or both the 350z and Nissan badge from the back of the car.

Yeah?
or
Neah?
Old 12-10-2002, 07:47 AM
Brad4rdHay

Naw man, keep the badges, they look cool.

Yeah, ill head over to the photo shop for ya.

Personally, I would get the orange LEDs from Strictly, as the look ****ing awsesome lit up, and the orange blends well with the front headlights/interior. They are working on clear LED reflectors, but Yuichi informed me that they might be more expensve as the clear reflectors cost them more.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:23 AM
TriX

Probably asked before but are you going to get different rims.
Old 12-10-2002, 08:34 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by TriX
Probably asked before but are you going to get different rims.
I am going to get some wheels and a suspension package. I don't knwo which yet though.

My #1 wheel choice so far are the TE-37's but I don't know if I will go with 18x8.5/9.5 or 19x8.5/9.5.
I'm also looking at the Kinesis rims on the Silverstone car at SEMA and some HRE 845r. But the Volks are more affordable.

For suspension I'm looking at the Tein Flex, the NISMO kit, and JIC. The NISMO kit is non adjustable but includes swaybars for the same price as the others.
Can anyone offer direction in this area?
Old 12-10-2002, 08:44 AM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Although not finalized yet, but I am seriously considering going with Te37 19"-Front and 18"-Rear.
For some reason I can't see myself getting a good launch with 19s".
Having more tire in the rear will make it stick better. I am not sure if it will effect my suspension in anyway, but most likely should not.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:23 AM
Brad4rdHay

I think that since they are the same diameter, 18s with the higher profile tires look better than the 19s with the lower profile tires. The thinner tires look unsubstantial at factory height (not to mention will be harsher ride and slightly heavier). Im probably gonna stick with 18s. When lowered (a la NIMO pics) the 18s look great.

The NISMO suspention is getting great reviews, and the sway bars are a pretty big factor (im guessing) as tht whats gonna bring the car's handling more towards neutral.
Old 12-10-2002, 10:02 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
I think that since they are the same diameter, 18s with the higher profile tires look better than the 19s with the lower profile tires. The thinner tires look unsubstantial at factory height (not to mention will be harsher ride and slightly heavier). Im probably gonna stick with 18s. When lowered (a la NIMO pics) the 18s look great.

The NISMO suspention is getting great reviews, and the sway bars are a pretty big factor (im guessing) as tht whats gonna bring the car's handling more towards neutral.
I agree with all of the above, but I'm gonna give it some more time before I make a decision on the supsension. I want to see what review come out in the future.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:19 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by Loaded_Pistol
Although not finalized yet, but I am seriously considering going with Te37 19"-Front and 18"-Rear.
For some reason I can't see myself getting a good launch with 19s".
Having more tire in the rear will make it stick better. I am not sure if it will effect my suspension in anyway, but most likely should not.
So how would that affect your launch?

Whether you used 19s or 18s in the rear, if you use the appropriate profile tire, the rotational diameter of the wheel/tire would be the same as stock.
If you don't use the correct profile tire and your goal is to make the rotational diameter of the rear wheels/tires smaller, then you may negatively affect the ABS/TCS/VDC.

The only difference I am aware of is the rotational weight is higher on the 19s and the weight is pushed out further.
Old 12-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Loaded_Pistol
Banned

Look at it this way: wheel diameter/rotation play great part in every direction you look at. (Agreed). "Track + Performance wise."

Going with 18" in the rear. The rim is lighter and has more tire rapped around it. As you launch you will experience less wheel spin with the higher profile tire and the R/T numbers with this setup will most likely decrease compare to a 19" with lower profile tire.
That’s my story and I am sticking to it
Old 12-14-2002, 05:50 PM
Boomer

Originally posted by sdpearso
One question everyone... I've been thinking of removing either the 350z badge or both the 350z and Nissan badge from the back of the car.

Yeah?
or
Neah?
Leave the badges, you need some contrast even with the kit.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:17 PM
Driven

sdpearso,
Could you give us some pix which better depict the skirts? Maybe some with the driver's door open and down at the kickplate. Or maybe with door closed down at the skirt by the front wheel at a 45 angle?? And rear wheel the same??

I can't get a good idea of how severe it pushes out the runner board edge.

Thanks
Old 12-16-2002, 08:02 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by Driven
sdpearso,
Could you give us some pix which better depict the skirts? Maybe some with the driver's door open and down at the kickplate. Or maybe with door closed down at the skirt by the front wheel at a 45 angle?? And rear wheel the same??

I can't get a good idea of how severe it pushes out the runner board edge.

Thanks
I'll get some taken and posted as soon as it stops raining.
Old 12-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Driven

Looking forward to your pix. Thanks.

By the way, I really like the looks of your car. You've done a nice job, and although I couldn't justify that kind of cash...it's nice that you can and the rest of us can look at and at least appreciate it. By the way, is the chin a separate piece that installs over the NISMO front bumper?? If so, can it be bought separately and will it fit on the stock? Reason I ask is because I wouldn't be able to justify the replacenment bumper for what little visual impact it carries over the stock. But the chin and sidskirts maybe. Jury is still out on whether someone else comes up with a better looking spoiler...but the NISMO is the best on the market to date (IMO).
Old 12-16-2002, 09:34 AM
sdpearso

Originally posted by Driven
Looking forward to your pix. Thanks.

By the way, I really like the looks of your car. You've done a nice job, and although I couldn't justify that kind of cash...it's nice that you can and the rest of us can look at and at least appreciate it. By the way, is the chin a separate piece that installs over the NISMO front bumper?? If so, can it be bought separately and will it fit on the stock? Reason I ask is because I wouldn't be able to justify the replacenment bumper for what little visual impact it carries over the stock. But the chin and sidskirts maybe. Jury is still out on whether someone else comes up with a better looking spoiler...but the NISMO is the best on the market to date (IMO).
Thanks!

No the whole bumper is one piece. The chin is part of it. Sorry.

Quick Reply: NISMO Bodykit install 12/7 - what do you want to see?