Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Q's on Nismo JDM, US spec and N-style kits parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 09:23 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Q's on Nismo JDM, US spec and N-style kits parts

So after countless hours of looking (read: drooling) over every body kit available for the Z, I've decided I like the Nismo kit the best. Though things can get a bit confusing with the differences between the JDM and US spec kits AND the replica pieces available. I'd like a little help in figuring all this stuff out to be able to get the best pieces for the best prices.

First, I'd like to know what the differences are between the JDM and US spec kits. So far, I've noticed the JDM is full front bumper with integrated lip and grill cross bar as opposed to the US bolt-on lip only. Secondly, I've heard the JDM wing tips touch the hatch and has a wider base that will cover the holes from the stock lip spoiler, whereas the US wing does not touch the hatch and the base is narrower. Question:

1. Are there any visual differences in the side skirts or rear diffusers between the JDM and US spec kits?
2. what materials are both kits made of?

Now, I really prefer the look of the JDM bumper and wing over the US ones (plus I need the holes from the stock lip spoiler covered), so the next questions are:

3. How do I obtain the JDM pieces and what's the best place/price?
4. Are there any replica pieces available that look identical, have good fitment and are much cheaper than the genuine JDM pieces?

I have seen the Carbon Creations N-style kit, but I'm wary of using CF pieces (rather have urethane and I'm going to paint the kit body color, anyway [CS]). If the Carbon Creations wing is identical in design to the JDM wing, I might go for that (IF it's cheaper than a JDM one and if there are no other decent replicas available), paint it and leave the center portion of the base CF (and compliment it w/ CF B-pillar covers and front air dam finisher).

5. Anyone had any experience with Carbon Creations?
6. what other options should I be considering? (and where to look?)

I have also seen the upcoming urethane replica bumper, but not sure if I like the modifications done to it (no emblem indentation and no bead line between lip and bumper).

7. do both the US spec and JDM side skirts have that bead line? I know the JDM one does; if the US does not, then this bumper may flow with them better.

Oh, I'll also likely have the rear diffusers molded into the rear bumper. I'd lose the flow of the bead line, but IMO, they just don't look very good unless they're molded in.

8. One final thought: has anyone considered having a grill opening cross bar like the JDM bumper's fabricated and molded into the stock front bumper? Add the US lip and it would probably look even better than the Nismo bumper. You could leave the remaining grill slats, have an unobstructed tow hook mount and a replacable lip if anything should happen to it. Just a thought... wonder how easy this would be to have done?

Well, as you can tell, I've got a lot of questions and random thought floating around that I need to get nailed down before making any decisions. I'd appreciate any help in answering may questions and any thoughts/suggestions you guys might have. I'm especially interested in anyone's experiences with replica kits, where they are available, and their quality and fitment (as well as composition)
Old 07-16-2005, 09:50 PM
dkny_boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. i know that the usdm side and rear skirts have a much more pronounced bulge to them compared to the jdm ones.

7. i've seen the bead line on the usdm skirts.

8. just a comment on the usdm front lip. i hate it. when you look at it from head on, the line where lip meets bumper angles down from the grill opening towards the wheel wells. it's like they didn't want it to go straight, an then make notches for the side reflectors so they angled it to clear them. everytime i see it, it bugs me. there's my rant haha

last edit... performance nissan shows pictures of the usdm side/rear skirts on their site:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1340

Last edited by dkny_boi; 07-16-2005 at 10:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:08 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkny_boi
1. i know that the usdm side and rear skirts have a much more pronounced bulge to them compared to the jdm ones.

7. i've seen the bead line on the usdm skirts.

8. just a comment on the usdm front lip. i hate it. when you look at it from head on, the line where lip meets bumper angles down from the grill opening towards the wheel wells. it's like they didn't want it to go straight, an then make notches for the side reflectors so they angled it to clear them. everytime i see it, it bugs me. there's my rant haha

last edit... performance nissan shows pictures of the usdm side/rear skirts on their site:
http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...oducts_id=1340
OMG, you took the words right out of my mouth! I hate the front cause of that, so I've decided to deal with the OEM JDM front bumper fiberglass and just get the nismo lower rubber lip diffuser to guard from scrapes.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:03 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

what is the nismo lower rubber lip diffuser? you mean the plastic thing that comes on the track models? is that really a nismo piece?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:10 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hndumafia
what is the nismo lower rubber lip diffuser? you mean the plastic thing that comes on the track models? is that really a nismo piece?
the one on a Track model and those that got the aero pkg are not the same as this part (similar in design, not he same size). not really a diffuser either and it just protects the bottom of the bumper from getting scratched up. the one for the JDM NISMO bumper has a NISMO part # so i guess that makes it a NISMO part

Last edited by Z04; 07-17-2005 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks! good info to know since i will have a nismo bumper next week.