Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lambo Doors!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 11:20 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve (Vertex Motorsports)...You guys did a GREAT job. I took the car to a local weekly car show here in Sterling last night, and immediately had 15 people standing around the car as soon as the doors went up. After closing the doors a few times, it's already getting really natural feeling, and the install seems flawless (except for that skirt bracket you mentioned, which I can probably tighten up myself if I can get to it).

Many Kudos to you for a job well done...Watch the mid-A forum for more pictures....coming soon.

EDIT: and to touch on one point for the folks who think this is only a visual mod....With long legs and being tall (6'4"), this car can be challenging to get out of...Because the lambo conversion swings the front of the door up out of the way, I have much greater clearance to swing my feet out without beating up the inside of my doors.

You Rock Vertex Motorsports!

Last edited by kcobean; 08-06-2005 at 11:25 AM.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:08 PM
PumpedVA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VertexFightR if you are wondering about the GTF kit I am looking for somebody to do my install and also paint the replacement fiber glass door panals.
Old 08-06-2005, 12:16 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I've had mine since June 2004. No problems with alignment, door sealing, water. etc. I've even had my car up to 140mph to test them.

When it gets cold out, the struts do loose some of their upward pushing power.

Today I put the doors up so I could vacuum and detail the interior. The Vertical Door hinges made it very easy.

I also find them very handy in a tight space, like my 2 car garage.

I purchased my hinges for $1,400 and had them installed for $500. (June 2004...they were a new phenomenon on the -Z-)

I am tall also, which makes the hinges all the more appealing.

If you can afford this mod, it won't dissapoint you. I still have my stock hinges and can revert back anytime I want......but I really haven't had the desire too.
Attached Thumbnails Lambo Doors!-front2.jpg  
Old 08-06-2005, 02:13 PM
VertexFightR

PumpedVA, I'd be happy to look at the kit and speak with you about your car. I truly believe any person can have any modification they want, so long as their account can support it. It is the quality that makes the difference between peoples' experiences.

Being in business in Tyson's for 8 years now, I have experienced the VDC's impact on the Import Revolution first hand, and in it's entirety. I too was SEVERELY disappointed by the poor quality, construction, and (non)foresight of the Decah kit's engineers. In fact I met with the 2 "innovators" when the company was started. Kevin distributes from Jersey...his partner manufactured from Michigan. I think...I don't remember, it was a long time ago. I banked on the kit....$20,000 up-front worth.

For a full year, maybe year and half, I was PISSED. I hated those doors and everyone who asked for them. I almost felt like I was DISSUADING my customers from getting them, even though I had $16,000 worth of those kits left. I was torn. I didn't feel good about selling them. I had them on 3 of my own cars, and although the reaction was there every time, those spectators never knew what anguish I went through every time I looked at my fender, or sideskirt, or if it rained. I sold the remaining kits in stock at cost over a 2 year period....liquidating at a loss.

kcobean is the first VD I've done in over a year. I gave up on all kits except LSD-doors.com. They are the best I've seen so far, by A LOT. However, after kcobean convinced ME to do his car...lol....I am happy to say it's a really good deal. I would love to install any VDC kits on 350's/G35's. I specify those cars because not all cars fit the same. Cobean was the 3rd of that brand I have done, and I have now seen all the custom adjustments that need to be made in order to properly install it. I can't complain about anything I saw on the VDC kit, especially since kcobe had extra strong shocks....in fact they will raise the doors by themselves almost like an actuator when it's hot outside. I am aware that in the cold the shocks won't be as strong....it's physics...the volume of gas inside decreases in relation to temperature, thus reducing pressure. I am going to guess kcobe's shocks are going to hold up this winter at least...they really are unusually strong.

I commend VDC on the forward-thinking design of their height-adjustment screw. I am surprised Decah hasn't already corrected that problem by copying. Shows the low-priority on quality.

I feel like a little girl. I think I should shut the f*ck up for now. From a guy who hates reading long posts...hahahah
Old 08-06-2005, 02:21 PM
ZIABLO
I am Batman

Hey Steve, this is other Steve, the guy getting all these people to go to you for the doors!

Do you have any schedule openings in your shop? I might need some help out but I'm leaving back to college Sunday.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:55 PM
VertexFightR

Hey Steve...dude, I appreciate your good word. If you're talking about tomorrow....uhhhhh. If you're talking about next week, for sure. Just call and leave a message and I'm sure I can do whatever you need.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:55 PM
stillnz

Hey kelly, the doors look great man. Your ride is so awzzome. I knew Steve would take good care of you.

Steve whats up. Good job on the doors and by the way im lovin my kit. Thanks.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:55 PM
kcobean

Rather than double-post....see here for hi-res. pictures....

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/135875-the-finished-product-1-5-years-lots-of-fun-56k-beware.html
Old 08-07-2005, 05:56 PM
VertexFightR

Thanks very much Hugo...I got your message at the shop and am always happy to hear when you're fully satisfied.
Old 08-08-2005, 12:30 AM
VertexFightR

Default stillenz.........

btw, stillenz, here are some pics of your car too, even though I'm sure you ahve plenty by now...

Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 AM
PumpedVA

steve got a # I can reach you at?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:53 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
steve got a # I can reach you at?
www.vertexmotorsports.com is the website, just for future reference.

His number is 703.883.0403. They are appointment only, so leave a message. He's always been quite prompt about returning calls.