Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!Please, help! Paint/Install USDM NISMO Kit in VA????

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !Please, help! Paint/Install USDM NISMO Kit in VA????

1. Where has everyone thats in VA got there paint and install for there custom body kit done?
2. How much did it cost?

Places in Northern Virginia quoted me for $1100 paint and installation for this kit. I'm debating whether or not to buy the parts painted from www.leeparts.com which would come to $450 just for paint and install shouldn't be more than like $200, right? The USDM NISMO kit painted from www.leeparts.com comes to around $1500.

Any help from people on this forum would be very helpful since I rather go to a place that people refer me to than start to call up body shops to get quotes.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
SangWL

Originally Posted by Hot Cu
1. Where has everyone thats in VA got there paint and install for there custom body kit done?
2. How much did it cost?

Places in Northern Virginia quoted me for $1100 paint and installation for this kit. I'm debating whether or not to buy the parts painted from www.leeparts.com which would come to $450 just for paint and install shouldn't be more than like $200, right? The USDM NISMO kit painted from www.leeparts.com comes to around $1500.

Any help from people on this forum would be very helpful since I rather go to a place that people refer me to than start to call up body shops to get quotes.

Thanks

i'm not from VA, but if you have the USDM kit, just have it painted and then do the install yourself. It should fit like a glove.

more importantly, the front lip should cost about 200-250 to paint, i would say the side skirts being 250 and the rear pieces being like 150.

i would not pay more then like 500-600

good luck

sang
Old 10-07-2005, 05:44 AM
isugoo

I live in Richmond, VA.
USDM comes with all installation parts and manual so I think you can do it by yourself.
I installed my front lip, side skirts, rear under with my buddy.
Since I have JDM genuine rear spoiler (and installed by bodyshop), I don't know about that part but others are pretty easy to install.

But if you go to shop, I think 400-600 would be the right price for installation.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

how did you install the front lip and rear unders, with screws like it says in the instructions or with glue or 3M tape?
Old 10-07-2005, 07:05 AM
isugoo

No need to 3M tape of Glue.
All installation parts comes with USDM kit.
You need to make some holes on the front bumper, rear deck spoiler and possibly rear under kit (I have Genune JDM so I'm not 100% sure on USDM rear under). And all paper templates come with the kits.

You need some hand tools but no needs for glue or 3M tape. You have geunie Nismo not replica. Thats great thing for clean installation.

PM replied by the way.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:16 AM
Hot Cu
SlammednFlush

thanks, the JDM and USDM rear unders are basically the same install with a couple of holes put in the rear bumper. so you installed the USDM front lip and JDM rear unders, how hard was it to drill the holes in the front and rear bumper? Did you put it up on jack stands or a lift? How is the fitment, is there a gap between the bumper and the front lip or rear bumper and rear lip because no glue was used or is it flush?

Any pics would be appreciated.
Thanks