Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Gary King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo

Been researching front bumpers and found these, both are from Nismo. The below quoted article is from Autoweek, related to the Silverstone version.

Here's the link:http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=103281

"Nismo 350Z: PlayStation for the street
DINO DALLE CARBONARE
Published Date: 10/3/05
Want to make your 350Z look like something out of a video game? Nismo, Nissan’s tuning and racing arm, will soon offer this new aero kit for both coupe and roadster, featuring an aggressive front bumper designed by the same folks who brought us Gran Turismo 4 for PlayStation2.

Inspired by long-snout GT racers, the new front end boasts a large center air dam and a rounded extension that is three inches longer than the stock item. Side and rear skirts and a large rear spoiler with an adjustable carbon fiber main wing complete the look.

Find the kit in the Nismo catalog for Japan; Nissan can’t say for sure whether it will appear in the Nismo parts list in the United States."
Attached Thumbnails Nismo-nismo1.jpg   Nismo-nismo2.jpg  

Last edited by Gary King; 10-16-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Gary King

This is the article from Japanese Performance related to the white version. Here's the link:

http://www.chpltd.com/japanese_performance/nismo.html

"NISMO. Mmm, that name sounds good. Like Ralliart and STi, Nissan’s motorsports/tuning brand radiates an aura of authentic race quality. There’s nothing like the real thing and, if you’re into Nissan, then NISMO – Nissan Motorsports, established in 1984 to provide manufacturer-backed performance parts for Nissan cars – is the pukka factory brand, full stop.

Branded parts are one thing, but there’s something sublime about factory specials. These are complete cars, built as a package from the ground up by people at the centre of the factory. If the 350Z is Nissan’s take on the sporty coupé, the S-tune GT is NISMO’s vision of a road-going racer.

Yes, what you’re looking at is not a hotch-potch of parts applied to a 350Z but the NISMO S-tune GT, a full, complete car built by NISMO and offered on the Japanese market as a car in its own right. It even has its own NISMO chassis plate. NISMO builds them by hand, at a rate of just 20 a month. There’s just one in the UK – and Japanese Performance is one of the first to drive it.

In theory, this spectacular 350Z celebrates NISMO’s win in the Japanese 2004 GT500 Touring Car Championship. In practice, it’s NISMO’s most fully developed road car – almost but not quite a road-legal version of the race car.

Let’s have a detailed look at what exactly NISMO has done. Most strikingly, there’s one hell of a bodykit on the car which, NISMO says, is inspired by the GT500 racer. There’s a long-nose front bumper (180mm longer than standard) that sits so low that you need to plan your entire route to avoid sleeping policemen and low dips in the road. Hell, even large pebbles would pose a problem. The rear bumper is also some 135mm longer than standard and incorporates aerofoil sections that look like they should have a label saying ‘NO STEP’ on them. Equally, you can’t miss the chunky side skirts, or the side panel add-ons, or the Porsche-style rear wing (which can be manually adjusted for angle). The aero kit is claimed to increase downforce both front and rear, based around GT racing experience.

You can buy an S-tune GT in a variety of colours, but this particular example looks spectacular with its Jap racer finish. It’s painted in pearlescent white with NISMO stripes, which make it look like a tube of motorsports Aquafresh has been squeezed all over the car. Striking? I lost count of the number of heads that twirled as we drove past.

The complete article can be found in Issue 57 October 2005 of
Japanese Performance."

Last edited by Gary King; 10-16-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Gary King

Originally Posted by mc350z
the S-tune GT is discontinued i believe

the version 2 nismo kit was just released in japan . ive been trying to get a hold of that bumper for the last few weeks.

IMO this bumper most likely wont be released in the US because it doesnt have the holes for the side reflectors and its based on japans super GT. i think a new lip for the revised 06 bumper is all we can expect

its available here www.japanparts.com but for right now its a little expensive

i would have over 1500 in just the bumper by the time i got it painted and installed
You know your Nismo mc350Z! Thanks for the link. That is expensive but, I really like the design and if it's Nismo, it should be quality. If I buy a front bumper I want it to fit right and not crack easily.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

yea, if anyone wants Type E spoiler. I have them.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:17 PM
JDMZ33
Vendor - Former Vendor

Smile

Originally Posted by mc350z
they will cover the holes left by the OEM spoiler right?
Yea, it cover all the OEM holes.