Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Anyone Know the Wires in Fuse Box?

Old 10-20-2005, 03:10 PM
wizdumb

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Know the Wires in Fuse Box?

I'm trying to hardwire my radar detector to the fuse box area, and I'm wondering if anyone knows which one of the wires in the fuse box zone is the power wire for the cigarette adapter in the front dash? I know there are already tons of threads open for wiring these, however everyone else seems to be wiring straight to the fuse box itself, but I don't want to do that method for a number of reasons. I'd rather just tap the line itself, since my hardwire kit already has the inline fuse.

Does anyone know which wire this is?

I looked at the back of the cigarette adaptor, and saw 2 wires coming out, but being colorblind is a *****, especially when all I had handy was some retarded blue LED light, so I can't figure out the wire color. I still traced it back into some larger group of wires, which I would assume them goes off under the dash and to the fuse box.

If anyone can provide a picture, with the correct wire labelled, it'd help a LOT.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:32 AM
wizdumb

Recieved 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind, I found it.

For reference, I'll point it out for everyone.
In the fuse box, above teh actual fuse panel, there are 2 wire harnesses. The one on the left (M4 in teh shop manual) is the harness with the power plug wire. bottom row, 4th in from the right. I think its Red with a Green stripe. I tapped it and it worked for me!

Good luck