Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum pedal problems?

Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM
GAaaAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aluminum pedal problems?

Ok this might be stupid. But i just installed the drilled aluminum pedals for my G coupe and its a 5at if this helps. Anyway took me about half an hour to do this because putting in the brake pedal was a total PITA!! and i never really fully got the brake pedal in but i was able to get all 4 corners in, and the top, left and right side of the pedal in, only a little bit of the rubber from the bottom which i cant get out to cover the brakes. I tried using a flat head screwdriver but it didn't work. I heard i can use warm water or somethin, but i decide to just let it be, because the brake pedal was already tightly clamped on already and it doesn't look like it'll fall off. But anyway, thats not the problem, the problem is after i installed the gas pedal. I noticed that its loose. Loose as in it can move up and down and create a little bit of a rattling noise if you step on the gas hard and then quickly let off. I was just wondering if this is normal? Or i have a problem?? Its nothing major, under normal driving nothing happends, only when i gas and let off really quickly is when it causes a rattling noise due to the fact that the gas pedal is loose. Thanks for the help. Hope this is normal and again i apologize for such a stupid post. Out of all things i cant believe im having problems with aluminum pedals. lol
Old 11-12-2005, 03:17 PM
showstoppertk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there should have been a small rubber clamp in the pedal kit and that is what you use to hold the top of the gas pedal to the lever. I'm assuming you put that on since I would imagine the pedal would just be hanging there if you didn't. I found that even with the clamp on, the pedal still had a small amount of spacing between the pedal lever and the back of the pedal. I thought this might create a tapping sound or odd feel to the pedal when pressing it, however I haven't really had any problems. maybe you can just check to make sure that the clamp is as tight as possible. good luck
Old 11-12-2005, 03:55 PM
GAaaAR

Originally Posted by showstoppertk
there should have been a small rubber clamp in the pedal kit and that is what you use to hold the top of the gas pedal to the lever. I'm assuming you put that on since I would imagine the pedal would just be hanging there if you didn't. I found that even with the clamp on, the pedal still had a small amount of spacing between the pedal lever and the back of the pedal. I thought this might create a tapping sound or odd feel to the pedal when pressing it, however I haven't really had any problems. maybe you can just check to make sure that the clamp is as tight as possible. good luck
Yes it is that small amount of spacing that is causing the rattling for me. However its not a very big problem. Under normal driving, there is no rattling because i dont mash on the gas pedal and let go really quickly. In fact the only time that i would be doing that is if i was racing. But even still, i would rather not have this small little problem. So you dont get any rattling at all? Not even if you step on the gas pedal all the way and then release it very quickly?? So is my problem normal or is the rattling abnormal??
Old 11-13-2005, 09:54 AM
GAaaAR

Bump*
Old 11-13-2005, 02:55 PM
Damian

I had the same problem. I decided to make the back part of the bar fatter with electrical tape, snapped the pedal in tightly clampped it with the platic thingy and no more rattle.