Sponsored by:

Do-Luck Body Kit REVIEW.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:58 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roncfpz
Cesar, I'll try to stop by the shop and take a few today. I'll post ASAP.
I probably won't make anymore meets till next year.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcduck
How much is just the Do-Luck rear bumper. As Cesar said, the JDM body kit fits perfectly. And, I still think it is one of the cleanest full kits out there. Only thing I don't like are the mini-rear 1/4 additions. Much rather have a full bumper attachment or replacement. May consider the Do-Luck rear if the price is right.
Price is very wrong.. I paid around 1200.. couple of hundred extra for the CF diffuser.

edit: I'm talking about just the rear... the fitment was perfect, though.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:37 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how does the rear look without the sides?
Old 11-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Vamos_Rafael

where are the pictures?
Old 11-26-2005, 09:24 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduck
How much is just the Do-Luck rear bumper. As Cesar said, the JDM body kit fits perfectly. And, I still think it is one of the cleanest full kits out there. Only thing I don't like are the mini-rear 1/4 additions. Much rather have a full bumper attachment or replacement. May consider the Do-Luck rear if the price is right.
I've got the full kit ordered, when I get it painted and installed, you can check it out in person.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:13 AM
DL-Z33

The fitment on my Do-Luck kit was really good according to the bodyshop, they said that this is the best quality and fitment from an aftermarket company. Sorry to hear about your issue regarding the Do-Luck kit, just a wondering, is your Z accident free?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:24 AM
mcduck

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
I've got the full kit ordered, when I get it painted and installed, you can check it out in person.
Can't wait to see it, Robin. Still doesn't help me on the price question. Do they sell the rear bumper separately? If so, how much?
Old 11-28-2005, 12:30 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Check post #22 here.

Cannysage said he paid around $1,200 for it. That seems pretty close to Do-Luck's pricing on their site. Maybe that was with shipping.

http://www.do-luck-usa.com/products.html?auto=Z33

R/Bumper W/Carbon Fiber Diffuser $1150.00
R/Bumper W/Fiber Glass Diffuser $950.00

IntenseMotorsports has the rear bumper w/ FG diffuser for $839.00. CF diffuser add $180.00.

http://www.intensepower.com/doaerebu35.html

Last edited by buzzardmountain; 11-28-2005 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 02:17 PM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by DL-Z33
The fitment on my Do-Luck kit was really good according to the bodyshop, they said that this is the best quality and fitment from an aftermarket company. Sorry to hear about your issue regarding the Do-Luck kit, just a wondering, is your Z accident free?

I am the only owner of this car I bought it new I have never been on a accident the car is a 2004.5 ZR with 5,834 miles. Not only the fitment SUCKS you can not used the under panel and liners with out going Dremel crazy. The NISMO JDM is not as beutifull, but is far better desing.

Cesar
Old 11-28-2005, 02:40 PM
roncfpz

Cesar, sorry I have not posted any pics. I stopped by the shop today and they had already taken off the bumpers to start prep for paint. I did ask them about the front under tray and that was not a problem at all. He did have to cut some from the depth to fit the FMIC. He also said some minor work on the fender liners. I'm wondering if your under tray fitment is different due to your APS turbo or any other parts underneath.

Anyway, good luck with your kit. It now looks like next week for me since the whole car is getting repainted. After that I have to raise it about 1" to get some more clearance. Be glad you didn't get a Veilside hood.

Ron
Old 11-28-2005, 03:18 PM
CESAROTORRES

Cesar, sorry I have not posted any pics. I stopped by the shop today and they had already taken off the bumpers to start prep for paint. I did ask them about the front under tray and that was not a problem at all. He did have to cut some from the depth to fit the FMIC. He also said some minor work on the fender liners. I'm wondering if your under tray fitment is different due to your APS turbo or any other parts underneath.

Anyway, good luck with your kit. It now looks like next week for me since the whole car is getting repainted. After that I have to raise it about 1" to get some more clearance. Be glad you didn't get a Veilside hood.

Ron

Thanks Ron!

What suspenssion do you have on your car? I have the Nismo S-tune and the Nismo Sway bars my car seats REALY LOW. I was wondering if I change to some thing like the TEIN suspenssion I might be able to raise the car an 1".

Cesar
Old 11-29-2005, 05:45 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by CESAROTORRES
Thanks Ron!

What suspenssion do you have on your car? I have the Nismo S-tune and the Nismo Sway bars my car seats REALY LOW. I was wondering if I change to some thing like the TEIN suspenssion I might be able to raise the car an 1".

Cesar
Cesar, I have TEIN Basics with Cusco sway bars. I'm switching out the Basics for TEIN Type CS with EDFC for the adjustability and better match with the Cusco bars. The Cusco bars really stiffened the suspension. I measured the distance from ground to the top of the outer wheel fender (just above the tire) and in the back it was 27 1/4" and the front was 25 7/8." Keep in mind I'm sitting on 20's and 30 profile tires.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 AM
CESAROTORRES

Cesar, I have TEIN Basics with Cusco sway bars. I'm switching out the Basics for TEIN Type CS with EDFC for the adjustability and better match with the Cusco bars. The Cusco bars really stiffened the suspension. I measured the distance from ground to the top of the outer wheel fender (just above the tire) and in the back it was 27 1/4" and the front was 25 7/8." Keep in mind I'm sitting on 20's and 30 profile tires.
Thank you brother!

I just notice your car is a 5AT do you have any issues with the revlimiter at WOT?

Thx!
Cesar
Old 11-29-2005, 06:29 AM
roncfpz

Thank you brother!

I just notice your car is a 5AT do you have any issues with the revlimiter at WOT?

Thx!
Cesar
Yes I do but I'm not sure how much of it is related to wheel spin since the tires break loose as soon as I hit boost. I even had the rev limiter raised to 7100rpms, but traction may be the real issue. Need to get the car back for more testing.

We'll have to compare notes at one of the upcoming meets.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:59 PM
CESAROTORRES

Wow, sorry to hear that. The fitment on my kit was very good according to the shop; they've only had to make minor adjustments to line up the bumpers and fenders. They also stated the quality of the fiberglass was very good and it looks 1000% better than the "crappy" Veilside V3 hood. The hood will need much, much more prep and adjustments than the Do-Luck pieces. The kit is definitely low and Do Luck's service is not good.

Cesar, do you have any pics so far?

Ron
Ron,

Who installed the kit in you car?

THX
Cesar
Old 12-18-2005, 02:13 AM
IceBurnzTT

I had no issues with the do-luck front you may have just got a bad one or something. As for your Z do you just not drive it or what? Must be nice having so few miles. My intercooler looks like its been through hell and back. I guess thats what i get for putting 20,000 miles on it since its install.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:13 AM
roncfpz

Ron,

Who installed the kit in you car?

THX
Cesar
Cesar, the shop is Auto Specialty. They are in Longwood Florida, owner is Abdullah Baker, phone is 407-834-5777. They did a very good job.

Ron
Old 12-18-2005, 09:59 AM
CESAROTORRES

Cesar, the shop is Auto Specialty. They are in Longwood Florida, owner is Abdullah Baker, phone is 407-834-5777. They did a very good job.

Ron
Thx, brother!

I will call them on Monday, I will be also at RZ on Monday I am replacing my Nismo suspenssion with the TEIN Flex, I hope I am not making another mistake.

CESAR

PS.

See you at RZ tomorrow.
Old 12-18-2005, 10:01 AM
CESAROTORRES

Originally Posted by IceBurnzTT
I had no issues with the do-luck front you may have just got a bad one or something. As for your Z do you just not drive it or what? Must be nice having so few miles. My intercooler looks like its been through hell and back. I guess thats what i get for putting 20,000 miles on it since its install.
Only 900 miles since it was installed about six month ago, I have another car.

Cesar
Old 12-18-2005, 10:56 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also had some of the same problems.... When it came shipped there were quite a few hairline cracks which had to be fixed, The only part which fit propper was the side skirts, everything else had to be customized, and shipping was TERRIBLE the body kit came in a DO-LUCK box just wrapped in bubble wrap no support or anything !!!!
Overall I give the body kit an 7 out of 10... It is by far the best looking kit and is VERY strong fiberglass.