Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom NAV-mounted gauge alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 02:26 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Custom NAV-mounted gauge alternatives

I have currently have Autometer EGT and Fuel Pressure gauges as well as a PLX M300 Wideband mounted in the NAV compartment via a Reen CF panel. It looks OK but I am not 100% happy with it. I want to do some type of fiberglass mounting for them but, I can't seem to come up with a design that looks "custom" but not too over the top. I would like for it to somehow mirror the "style" of the OEM 3 gauges. Anyone have any ideas/pics. One thing that is important is the finish of the final product. I want it to look as close to stock as possible.....

Help!

TIA

Rob
Old 12-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Anyone2u
Charter Member #82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going through the same thing, trying to place my gauges in a place that looked somewhat stock.

The first thing I tried was to use the two pod gauge that sits on the steering column. Unfortunately my AEM gauge was too big and didn't really fit. In addition, the other gauges (ie speedometer, tach, etc) were partially blocked by the gauge pod.

The second option was obviously to go with the A Pillar gauge cluster and that is what I finally ended up with.

That said, you may have an option that I didn't have. The sunglasses holder is really pretty useless for all intents and purposes. Since I needed to relocate my Sound Processor from the center console, I ended up having Nazar (the guy on this board who builds all the sub boxes and other speaker enclosures) utilize the sunglasses holder and they did a great job fiberglassing it in (see below). I asked them if the processor wasn't there if they could have fit two gauges in there and they didn't believe it would be much of a problem so that may be something you may want to consider.

BTW, I constantly tell them to create this gauge pod over the mirror but unfortunately they're always too busy. Maybe if you and others are interested they might get working on it.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I already have an a-pillar mount. The sunglass thing looks interesting but, I really want to mount them in the NAV compartment. I think that I'll try to find a used console and do a little experimentation.