Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally decided and purchased a lip.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 01:43 AM
.Sin.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMFairlady21
hard to get. bulletproof is your best bet or even contact adam @ z1auto.com he's a dealer for central 20 now.
thx for the reply..

since it is so rare, i bet it is quite expensive...
Old 01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lip got here in record time. Pardon the cluttered garage. I put some light coloured material under the lip so the lip can stand out from the dark garage floor. Just remember that there are 5 holes that need to be drilled into the bumper to make the lip look more flush to the bumper then what it looks like now. And I have decided that I will definately paint over it, I've visualized what the lip would look like with the same colour as the car and I think it will look great and non fast and the furious.

Also, the used lip is a bit more "used" then I thought and I think I need to do some research on repairing the carbon fiber using some fiber glass. *shrug* I knew I was gonna have to do some repair work when I bought this lip anyway. I am painting over the CF also, so it doesn't matter. I think I can also lower the car 3/4 with no problem with this lip.

What do you guys think of the lip? Sorry I couldn't get a front shot, the garage is a bit crowded.

EDIT: also a correction, this lip is pro-staff, not central 20, no wonder I couldn't find more pics of it online
Attached Thumbnails Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip01.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip02.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip03.jpg  

Last edited by ZlleH; 01-10-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:01 PM
Hybrid90

Hey that's a nice looking lip.. very simple and yet makes the car look totally different. Good choice!
Old 01-10-2006, 04:08 PM
k3silk

looks real nice wish they had some lips out for the 06's now
Old 01-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Hybrid90

I had to go back to this post just to look at the pic again. I really like this lip! If ANYONE has any info or know where to get it.. let me know... GROUP BUY ANYONE?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 PM
.Sin.

More Pics....

Long shot pics please...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:49 PM
JDMFairlady21

waiting for the pics as well.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:58 PM
ZlleH

Sorry guys, no long range shots. My car is stored in my garage, meaning I can't take it outside(it's winter) for a long range shots. The third shot I took was in my hall way with the garage door open to take the furthest shot possible.

But now that I know that the lip is made by pro-staff, there are some pics that was posted on this forum of the lip:

https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....0&d=1067951131
https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....3&d=1067985830
https://my350z.com/forum/attachment....4&d=1067985960

Last edited by ZlleH; 01-10-2006 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:11 AM
.Sin.

I hope my incoming Seibon CF front lip will look good on the Z too...
Old 01-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Hybrid90

Anyone find the price for one of these suckers yet?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:16 PM
BlackSpec02

cool lip!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
rvshehata

Any one know the website for Prostaff, that lip is freaken howt!
Old 01-16-2006, 01:45 PM
ZlleH

This is for all the Private message asking where they can get this lip:

I got this lip off ebay used. They don't sell these brand new on ebay. Somebody just took in their used lip to a seller and got them to sell it for them.

I have also searched the net to find more pictures of this pro-staff lip and I can't find anything. I never knew how rare this lip was when I bought it. I just liked the way it looked.

The only other picture/info I could find on this lip is on this forum, which was one thread listing all JDM parts and it has those three photos I linked up top.

I'll definately update you guys when If I find anymore info on this lip. I'll also update this thread when I have the lip bondo'd, preped, painted, and the finsihed product.

All the kinds words and interest on this lip is a real confidence boost. Thanks for all the interest and compliments!
Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Hybrid90

ZlleH - you are my fooking hero! I love that lip.. can you give me your address so I can come over and steal it off your Z.. thanks in advance!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:58 PM
ZlleH

Default Update

Just got my Lip painted. The guy I went to did a fantastic job on the prep and paint, the picture does not do it justice since my digital camera is 7 years old >_<;;

I will hopefully install it tomorrow with a help of a friend and be the first(I think) member on this forum to have a painted carbon fiber lip from pro-staff on their 350Z. I've searched around and can't find a member with this lip.

Any advice on putting the lip on? Should I put something inbetween the lip and the bottom of the bumper? That is what I'm iffy about.
Attached Thumbnails Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip01.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip02.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip03.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip04.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-lip05.jpg  

Last edited by ZlleH; 04-07-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Hybrid90

Damn, talk about procrastinating but didn't you get this lip back in December. Anyways, very nice final job. Wanna sell it to me? I love that freakin lip! Now go put it on and take us some pics!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:18 PM
ZlleH

Heya, Hybrid90.

I bought the lip in December, and up here, it is very cold in December. I waited until spring to get it painted. Also, Spring would be a better time to install it too. I would do it by myself if I could, but you really need 2 pairs of hands so that the lip and bumper won't get scratched during the install.

And I've invested too much time and money into this lip to sell it

I also got the bodyshop to paint me a sink stopper in my car's colour just in case I want to do the rear windshield wiper mod.

Originally Posted by Hybrid90
Damn, talk about procrastinating but didn't you get this lip back in December. Anyways, very nice final job. Wanna sell it to me? I love that freakin lip! Now go put it on and take us some pics!
Attached Thumbnails Finally decided and purchased a lip.-rearwind.jpg  

Last edited by ZlleH; 04-07-2006 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 PM
ZlleH

Default Couldn't wait

So, it's 12am, Like a little kid with a new toy, I couldn't wait until the morning to put the lip on with my friend.

Two hours and 30 minutes later with lots of breaks and a methodical pace, I finished putting the lip on the car. I still think taking off the bumper would be better done with a friend. I also took out the 2 shields on either side of the grill while I had the bumper off. My next mod will probably be the rear windshield wiper mod if I can muster the courage to do it.

So here are some 3:00am photos of the car with the new lip in my garage

Car's dirty from a rain storm. I'll get better pictures in sunlight with more angles later.
Attached Thumbnails Finally decided and purchased a lip.-finlip01.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-finlip02.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-finlip03.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-finlip04.jpg   Finally decided and purchased a lip.-finlip05.jpg  

Last edited by ZlleH; 04-07-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 AM
ckny

looks pretty good... was there anyway to leave some cf exposed or did it all have to be bondo'd?

i think some carbon fiber exposed would have been pretty ****

how about some silver mesh in the opening between the lip and bumper?
Old 04-08-2006, 10:46 AM
ZlleH

Thanks for the response! I wish I could have left some CF showing, I was thinking 3 lines of CF on the small openings of the lip, but the CF had to be preped with a special solution and primer so the paint wouldn't fly off.

I first went to my local nissan body shop and they told me that their expert painter just painted a carbon fiber bumper and the paint started peeling off. So I went to another bodyshop which also paint carbon fiber boat hulls. They told me there would be no problem, they know what to do. I figured if a boat hull can stand wind and water not peeling the paint off, I'd go with these guys.

But you are correct, it would have been very nice to put some stripes of carbon fiber.

I thought about a silver metal mesh, but I have a license plate braket that goes in the middle of the grill. My city requires a license plate in the front >_<;;

Originally Posted by ckny
looks pretty good... was there anyway to leave some cf exposed or did it all have to be bondo'd?

i think some carbon fiber exposed would have been pretty ****

how about some silver mesh in the opening between the lip and bumper?

Last edited by ZlleH; 04-08-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Finally decided and purchased a lip.