Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DEPO LED Z tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 10:59 AM
BJF2K

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depo makes decent aftermarket lighting. They only recently got into the aftermarket "performance" lighting scene after seeing the success TYC had with their "performance" lighting. Bit late in the field, but the stuff is decent and the design is creative too.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:02 PM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I'd have to agree that having a big "Z" on your tail light is tacky...
+1....There's been a lot of talk on this on another thread...if you like 'em don't worry they will probably sell for $99.00 pr. in about 6 month's from now. Just wait!! lol
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 PM
xtrememan315

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
These are the best aftermarket tail lights I've seen, any more info or pics on them?
+1
Old 01-18-2006, 02:56 PM
rmesola

if anybody with excess cash wants to try out the z lights and then post pics here, that would be great...

I was thinking maybe I could disable the LED ligths that connect the horizontal lines of the
Z, that way it looks like 2 lines or make it into a > pointing one direction or something...
Old 01-18-2006, 09:56 PM
Roger V

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ones from TAS are sexy.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:02 PM
boma

http://www.autodynamic.com/search_re...amTxt=350z+led

DEPO is actually a good company. Their quality is only second to OEM. But it is alot better than generic no-namers. If OEM is a 10 and Generic Altezzas are a 3, then DEPO is easily a 6-8 on the quality scale.

If anyone has had a Volkswagen and u get on the forums, you've probably heard of DEPO lights.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:22 AM
Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like em', (except for the z of course) they would go nice with the blacked-out headlights.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:40 PM
___DJK___

Originally Posted by sq40
Of all of the posts I have ever read from you, you have never had one nice thing to say.. What gives?

Dont be p*ssyhurt, I was just stating a fact. I'm sure I've said at least one nice thing in my 2000+ posts.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Driven1
Professional

Well, Im the one who bit it and got them to see how they were. And Im actually surprised and happy to say that after taking them out of the box they seem to be pretty high quality taillights. Possibly better than the OEM on the older Z's. Ill put em in tonight and take some pics and we'll see what they're about.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM
dkny_boi

I don't think anyone really made any cracks at it being of bad quality... all of the negative complaints were that it looks a cheesy because the leds light up in a Z pattern.
Old 02-01-2006, 06:46 PM
boma

Originally Posted by Driven1
Well, Im the one who bit it and got them to see how they were. And Im actually surprised and happy to say that after taking them out of the box they seem to be pretty high quality taillights. Possibly better than the OEM on the older Z's. Ill put em in tonight and take some pics and we'll see what they're about.

Please post pics soon! I would greatly like to see them on your car. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Acree

Originally Posted by mc350z
here is a new taillight displayed at this weekends TAS in japan

More info please!!!!!!!!! Those are goreous.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:26 AM
old_s13

Originally Posted by boma
DEPO is actually a good company. Their quality is only second to OEM. But it is alot better than generic no-namers. If OEM is a 10 and Generic Altezzas are a 3, then DEPO is easily a 6-8 on the quality scale.

If anyone has had a Volkswagen and u get on the forums, you've probably heard of DEPO lights.
DEPO, like all aftermarket lamps, offers a lower-cost alternative than OEM. They will never produce a product on the level of the build quality, because their number one goal is to undercut the factory light.

Hella, Valeo, Stanley, Koito, and Ichikoh are all top manufacturers of OEM lighting products, and its only natural that their products cost what they cost. When you look at the plastic, sealant, bulb holders, connectors, LED circuit boards, they all look very high quality. As for companies like TYC and Depo, they will always sell an inferior product.. they're just trying to cut costs, and to me... it shows.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 AM
noodleman

Originally Posted by dkny_boi
mc350z... those look kind of interesting atually... reminds me abit of which car... i think it's the mercedes SLR that has that extra piece in there. Got any more angles on them?

But the led tails that light up in a Z shape... i really wish they didn't make it like that. If the leds were all lined up evenly instead of making a Z and if it didn't lump out, it'd be sweet.
it's suppose to mimic the SLR taillights...that pic is off a Fairlady Z "SLR"...where the whole car has been modded inside and out to look like the SLR...and very well done one at that, though i still think making one car look like another is kinda tacky.

here are the headlights off that car:

and +1000000 on making the LED's line up instead, but maybe put them all on a slant like the middle roll, to make the led's follow the lines of the car a little bit. That'd proprably look pretty hot.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:42 AM
boma

That headlamp looks great! Too bad its probably super expensive.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Acree

Originally Posted by noodleman
it's suppose to mimic the SLR taillights...that pic is off a Fairlady Z "SLR"...where the whole car has been modded inside and out to look like the SLR...and very well done one at that, though i still think making one car look like another is kinda tacky.

here are the headlights off that car:

and +1000000 on making the LED's line up instead, but maybe put them all on a slant like the middle roll, to make the led's follow the lines of the car a little bit. That'd proprably look pretty hot.

Can you give any kind of info on this thing?

In the headlight conversion I did, I used a superbright cluster of 30 leds for the turn signal and that's still not bright enough for the turn signal to be seen very well during the day time. It looks like they have alot less than 30. And as for the array under the headlight, please tell me that is NOT the highbeam. Not to mention the fact that they have completely lost any high beam, what is the purpose of the white led array?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:00 AM
noodleman

Originally Posted by Acree
Can you give any kind of info on this thing?

In the headlight conversion I did, I used a superbright cluster of 30 leds for the turn signal and that's still not bright enough for the turn signal to be seen very well during the day time. It looks like they have alot less than 30. And as for the array under the headlight, please tell me that is NOT the highbeam. Not to mention the fact that they have completely lost any high beam, what is the purpose of the white led array?
Sorry Acree, but i don't really know anything about that car other than what i've seen from the TAS 2k6 pics that was posted on G35driver.com...

wish i could've help!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Driven1
Professional

Just posted pics of the DEPO lights in chrome on my 03 DB Z on another thread.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:10 AM
old_s13

I like these headlamps more....

ah yes....

Quick Reply: DEPO LED Z tail lights